Author Topic: Muster Chart Question  (Read 1389 times)

gpman

• laying low in a blood filled trench
Muster Chart Question
« on: October 02, 2014, 03:15:33 PM »
so my copy of Kingdoms arrived yesterday and I've looked over the rules, seems straight forward but we'll see how it goes when we try to use them  ;)

On the Muster Chart card, the note at the bottom, "*Maximum is per individual Elite unit, not total number of Elite units."  huh?  ???

I'm assuming that means that Primary and Mercenaries Elites combine and have to be equal or less than the total printed per die roll result?  Example, I roll a 7, blue scenario, no more than 2 elites (2 primary or 2 mercs or 1 of each, etc).

Really not sure what that note is saying to me....

p.s. I wasn't sure if I should post this here in Kingdoms or the rules forum, please move it if I did wrong  8)
wack falol da rah!

BubblePig

Re: Muster Chart Question
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 04:28:12 PM »
p.s. I wasn't sure if I should post this here in Kingdoms or the rules forum, please move it if I did wrong  8)
I would have posted this here, myself.

"*Maximum is per individual Elite unit, not total number of Elite units."
I am not the best one to answer since Kevin and Corey play a lot more Kingdoms than I do but IIRC in your example reading across you would have
at least 4 core, any number of standard, and up to 2 elite units in your primary faction
any number of core and/or standard mercenaries, but no elite mercenaries
So if your primary faction was Undead you could have up to 2 Abomination and/or 2 Death Knights and/or 2 Giant Catapult if you could afford them. If you took 1 or 2 Abomination that would not affect how many Death Knights you could take (other than the amount of army build points you have left.)

If you rolled an 8, then you could also have up to 2 Elementalists etc. and if you took 1 or 2 of those that would not affect the amount of Abominations etc. you could take.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 04:31:44 PM by BubblePig »

Kevin

Re: Muster Chart Question
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 06:14:06 PM »
I've actually never used the muster chart or the campaign.  Just the terrain and scenarios.  That said...

On the Muster Chart card, the note at the bottom, "*Maximum is per individual Elite unit, not total number of Elite units."  huh?

This is standard Battleground rules.  In the standard rules you're allowed 1 elite unit of each type per 1000 points.  In the common 2000-point games you get 2 Elite units of each type.

For example, let's say you're playing Ravenwood.  Ravenwood's Elite units are the Centaurs, the Bowmasters, and the Treants.  In an standard 2000-point game you cold take 2 Centaurs and 2 Bowmasters.  In theory you could take 2 of each except that would put you over 2000 points.   :)  But you would not be allowed to take 3 Bowmasters, even if you took zero of the others.

Mercenary Elite units are just like regular Elite Units.  For example, the Earth Elemental is Elite.  So in a 2000 point game you can't take over 2 Earth Elementals, and the number of other Elite units in your army is irrelevant.

Hope that helps!
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Winston Churchill