Author Topic: Shadows of the Apt Factions (Insect-kinden)  (Read 4926 times)

NegativeZer0

Re: Shadows of the Apt Factions (Insect-kinden)
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2015, 11:07:07 PM »
Karasu pick one faction and ill go through and do some point costs for you.  I can't give out the formula but I will see if I can help you out.

Also I'm working on getting a playable version of the game online.  While you wait you can check out what Zelk did on TTS.
Quote from: Chad_YMG
Cards are definitely good to have, but I like punching my opponent in the face, too!

BubblePig

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2015, 12:01:25 PM »
I've already gotten two games in on tts, one with gull and one with zelc, which is two more games than I have gotten in with my Chaos Lords faction. So it might not be a bad idea for me to learn how to make my own cards on tts, since I already have the software. While it is not a perfect platform, IMO the drawbacks are minor compared to the ability to circumvent geographical limitations. YMMV.

Karasu

• Playtester
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2015, 08:50:20 AM »
Karasu pick one faction and ill go through and do some point costs for you.  I can't give out the formula but I will see if I can help you out.

Also I'm working on getting a playable version of the game online.  While you wait you can check out what Zelk did on TTS.

Thank you for the offer, it is appreciated.  I was perhaps just a mite grumpy the other day, which shouldn't be an excuse for being whiny.

After consideration, I think that the Wasp Empire is probably the most emblematic of the series, and also has some quite intriguing units to it.
Although the Ants ran a close second.

NegativeZer0

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2015, 12:06:12 PM »
I'll try and find time this week
Cards are definitely good to have, but I like punching my opponent in the face, too!

Karasu

• Playtester
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2015, 11:01:17 AM »
Thank you again.

Karasu

• Playtester
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2015, 07:25:05 AM »
:puppydogeyes: @negativezero

NegativeZer0

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2016, 09:53:02 PM »
Fuck!

I comp forgot about this

Ill try to remember to do this, sorry :(

Update: I started working on this your 5/8 lead shotters... ya unless you want to pay over 500 points they need to be 5/7.  Outside of that your flying units are wihtout doubt under priced (ex:Wasp-kinden Hornets are comming out well over 300 points).  more exact numbers coming soon TM
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 08:57:55 PM by NegativeZer0 »

Zelc

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2016, 10:53:07 AM »
Karasu, I've got a potentially cool idea for a hive mind faction CC ability and faction unit abilities. If I go forward with it, I might want to put it on an insect (primarily ant) faction. Would that be OK?

The abilities I'm thinking of are:

Faction ability: Spend 1 CA to mark one box on a separate tracking card. When one of your units deals 2 or more damage and at least one box is marked, erase one box and deal 1 extra damage. This counts as playing a red command card. Erase all marks at the beginning of your turn.

Unit abilities (multiple uses allowed on same roll, but not same die):
Shared evade X: X times per turn, when your opponent rolls to hit a [faction] unit you control, increase the result of one die by 1.
Shared skill X: X times per turn, when your [faction] unit rolls to hit, reduce the result of one die by 1.
Shared courage X: X times per turn, when you roll a Courage check, reduce the result of one die by 1.

Karasu

• Playtester
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2016, 04:05:24 AM »
Feel free.  I certainly don't have a monopoly on insects, and the armies I'm doing are based on a published series.  In fact, most of the armies are (approximately) human rather than being actual insects.  Soldiers of the Wasp Empire:

NegativeZer0

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2016, 12:32:16 PM »
I dint forget this time just being lazy but as I said I have started this and I will get this done SOONTM.

SOONTM:"Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between the parties involved. "Soon" will arrive some day thus guaranteeing that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon"
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 12:54:03 PM by NegativeZer0 »

Karasu

• Playtester
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2016, 04:31:04 AM »
It is appreciated.