Author Topic: Wuxing Kickstarter is now Live!  (Read 11359 times)

Kevin

• Administrator
Re: Wuxing Kickstarter is now Live!
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2014, 10:20:39 PM »
We just crossed $3500.  At $4000 we get a new "mercenary" unit!  At $6000 we'll get each Jade Dragon as a single large card, in addition to the double-cards which come standard in the set.  At $8000 the Greek Mercenaries get funded.

There are 6 days left in this 2-week campaign.

The $4000 line should be crossed easily.  :)  $8000 is looking like shooting the moon at this point, sadly.  :-\ The real question is whether this crosses the magic $6000 mark.  ??? I'm calling that a coin flip.  (Or, if you prefer, our courage 10 unit has to not rout.)

If you all know a friend or two who plays the game, or might get into it, now's the time to bug 'em! 8)

« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 10:29:05 PM by Kevin »
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Winston Churchill

gpman

• Playtester
  • laying low in a blood filled trench
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2014, 11:25:30 PM »
We just crossed $3500.  At $4000 we get a new "mercenary" unit!  At $6000 we'll get each Jade Dragon as a single large card, in addition to the double-cards which come standard in the set.  At $8000 the Greek Mercenaries get funded.

There are 6 days left in this 2-week campaign.

The $4000 line should be crossed easily.  :)  $8000 is looking like shooting the moon at this point, sadly.  :-\ The real question is whether this crosses the magic $6000 mark.  ??? I'm calling that a coin flip.  (Or, if you prefer, our courage 10 unit has to not rout.)

If you all know a friend or two who plays the game, or might get into it, now's the time to bug 'em! 8)

I'm teaching a buddy this Sunday, hopeful get him hooked quick so he can buy his own armies and not use mine  ;D I'm gonna try and talk him into Kingdoms since I'm getting the Terrain Pack.

The Jade Dragon looks so cool, really hoping we cross $6000!  I've told everyone I know about the kickstarter...
wack falol da rah!

mjungledog

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2014, 05:48:03 AM »
All the people I know on the East Coast are more than likely already backing it (you know who you are...).

And if you're on the East Coast and are not backing it (again, you know who you are) what are you waiting for?

Back this faction!
Evil will always triumph because good is dumb!

gpman

• Playtester
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2014, 07:34:55 AM »
just broke $4k  ;) getting some extra cards!
wack falol da rah!

Karasu

• Playtester
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2014, 02:58:50 AM »
Just thought I'd point out that you've not actually got the $6k stretch goal on the Kickstarter page.  You announced it as an update, but never changed the front page.

Chad_YMG

• Administrator
    • Your Move Games
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2014, 07:45:43 AM »
Crap, you're right!  I'll fix that now.
David Humphrey está todavía en la Colina 217.
      - From Spanish translation of Hill 218 rules

Kevin

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2014, 07:55:19 PM »
Oh man what a nailbiter!  Just under 2 days to go, and about $1000 until we get Jade Dragon promos!  Still calling it a coin flip.  Consider this a final reminder to hook folks in!

Oh, and anyone who is planning to do add-ons, pledge the $ now so that it gets us closer to the magic $6000.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 07:58:33 PM by Kevin »
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Winston Churchill

Chad_YMG

• Administrator
    • Your Move Games
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2014, 08:17:34 PM »
Kicktraq currently has us hitting a bit over $5,700 which makes $6K look likely since their algorithm makes no effort to reflect the bump that typically comes at the end of a campaign.

gpman

• Playtester
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2014, 08:25:06 PM »
"[isince their algorithm makes no effort to reflect the bump that typically comes at the end of a campaign][/i]"  I was surprised how many people seem to be pledging at the last minute.  This is only my 2nd kickstarter so I don't have history with how they end.

Been trying to let everyone I know on line know about it the last couple days, still hoping for $6000!
wack falol da rah!

Kevin

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2014, 09:42:01 AM »
As someone who has pledged in >50 Kickstarter campaigns, there's usually a large wave of $ in the last day (it starts to pick up around the 3rd to last).  Usually about 25% of the total comes in during the last 48 hours.

I suspect that the Wuxing Kickstarter will see less of a boost than normal, though, as a lot of that $ is people upgrading their pledges and (at least for players who already have all the old stuff) there's not much to upgrade to in this one.  But hopefully it'll be enough to hit 6K.  Gonna be tight!

Update:  24 hours to go and we're at 5333..  Can we raise at least 1/8 as much $ in the final 24 hours as in the entire campaign?  Possible, but an update or an email blast would help!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 02:35:13 PM by Kevin »

Chad_YMG

• Administrator
    • Your Move Games
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2014, 10:25:37 AM »
Update and emails sent...fingers crossed for dragons!

Kevin

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2014, 03:44:49 PM »
Ah well, missed the magic $6000 by just under $300.  :-\  But still a respectable Kickstarter campaign!  :)

Chad_YMG

• Administrator
    • Your Move Games
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2014, 03:46:51 PM »
Yeah, I think it did fine -- and could have done better if I'd had the same level of time available to support it as I did for the previous ones.

Bottom line, this will cover a good chunk of the printing costs which is what I needed it to do.  In a few months we'll have three shiny new factions on the market.

Hannibal

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2014, 03:54:26 PM »
Yeah, Wuxing had a steep hill to climb.  It was the third kickstarter, so there was probably a bit of fatigue by donors.  It was also the second BGFW kickstarter, so a lot of people who wanted to buy a bunch of existing decks probably did so with AvP.  Also, "fantasy Chinese" doesn't have the built-in audience that historicals and Tolkein fantasy archetypes do.

Still, a fantasy Chinese faction does have the plus of being unique and fresh, and I think that showed by the fact that it almost reached $6,000 on the back of a $25 MSRP is pretty impressive.

Now...back to poring over that rulebook...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 04:00:21 PM by Hannibal »

RushAss

• Administrator
  • Eat your beets - Recycle!
    • My Facebook.  Where you can see my, uh... face.
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2014, 04:32:08 PM »
In a few months we'll have three shiny new factions on the market.

THIS
"Art as expression, not as market campaigns
Will still capture our imaginations"
-Rush, Natural Science