Author Topic: Wuxing Kickstarter is now Live!  (Read 11356 times)

RushAss

• Administrator
  • Eat your beets - Recycle!
    • My Facebook.  Where you can see my, uh... face.
Wuxing Kickstarter is now Live!
« on: July 31, 2014, 03:06:30 PM »
I just got the email from Kickstarter announcing this.  Go forth good people and give for the cause!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/36468537/wuxing-for-battleground
"Art as expression, not as market campaigns
Will still capture our imaginations"
-Rush, Natural Science

Chad_YMG

• Administrator
    • Your Move Games
Re: Wuxing Kickstarter is now Live!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 06:40:36 PM »
It's off to a good start, with $1100 in the first few hours.
David Humphrey está todavía en la Colina 217.
      - From Spanish translation of Hill 218 rules

Hannibal

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 07:54:25 PM »
Huzzah, one I can pledge!

Kevin

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 08:46:44 PM »
$1370 at the moment.  With luck it'll blow by the $2000 goal tomorrow!
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Winston Churchill

Karasu

• Playtester
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 03:12:06 AM »
So, is this where to give suggestions for that bonus unit?  Jiangshi isn't a bad idea, but the thought of a dozen vampires hopping across the battlefield does raise a smile.

What about the Journey to the West party?  A Buddhist Monk, the Monkey King (irrepressible), 2 former celestial bureaucrats and a dragon disguised as a horse...

Or a Qilin, or the directional creatures (you have a dragon already, so a white tiger or a vermillion bird)?

leemie

• Playtester
    • my fan made stuff
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 08:15:42 AM »
Get a couple choices together with reference art and let the backers vote.

gpman

• Playtester
  • laying low in a blood filled trench
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 08:43:03 AM »
I'm not good at reading kickstarter goals and add ons.  Just to be sure, you get 2 complete Wuxing set at the $45 level?  Can we trade one of those Wuxing for another fantasy set (base and reinforcement)?  And I can add another fantasy faction for $30 total (base $20 and reinforcement $10)?

At $70 can I trade the AvP base and AvP reinforcement packs for two fantasy sets (base and reinforcement)?  Looks like $70 is the way to go if I want 2 more factions above Wuxing, right?

I guess there's no early success promotion this time.  Shame on me for not wanting historical armies I guess.  I can still pick up the terrain pack for an extra $15 as an add on though, or am I wrong?

I would have asked these questions in the kickstarter, but I'm not a backer yet so I don't have that option, sorry.
wack falol da rah!

NegativeZer0

• Playtester
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 10:07:02 AM »
I'm not good at reading kickstarter goals and add ons.  Just to be sure, you get 2 complete Wuxing set at the $45 level?  Can we trade one of those Wuxing for another fantasy set (base and reinforcement)?  And I can add another fantasy faction for $30 total (base $20 and reinforcement $10)?

At $70 can I trade the AvP base and AvP reinforcement packs for two fantasy sets (base and reinforcement)?  Looks like $70 is the way to go if I want 2 more factions above Wuxing, right?

I guess there's no early success promotion this time.  Shame on me for not wanting historical armies I guess.  I can still pick up the terrain pack for an extra $15 as an add on though, or am I wrong?

I would have asked these questions in the kickstarter, but I'm not a backer yet so I don't have that option, sorry.

$25 for a new faction: Wuxing - Alexander starter - Alexander Reinforcements
$20 For all other factions
$15 Terrain add-on is indeed available.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 12:23:56 PM by NegativeZer0 »
Quote from: Chad_YMG
Cards are definitely good to have, but I like punching my opponent in the face, too!

NegativeZer0

• Playtester
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 12:28:50 PM »
I want Sun Wukong as the bonus unit.  (We already have Vlachold being developed)

Sun Wukong   (4*) 5*/5*      3/2   N/A   *   5"   3/3/3

Mischivous - Sun Wukong can not be given any standing orders. [He has no standing order box at all, you must direct control him to get him to move]
Ruyi Bang - During combat before rolling dice increase any one offensive stat by 1.
Anytime Sun Wukong would take a moral check he automatically succeeds, in addition if he is in combat when he would make this check replace Sun Wukong with Wukong Clone.  

[Since there are 2 cards for the bonus unit I'm using that to do a neat ability/trick as apposed to actually having 2 units.  The second card will use the exact same art so no additional art costs.]

Wukong Clone   (*)*/*      */*
Immediately after placing Wukong clone, place Sun Wukong up to 2.5" behind this unit facing any direction.
If you can not legally place Sun Wukong he is removed from the game and counts as being destroyed.

Wukong Clone uses the same stats in combat as Sun Wukong including any penalties for health being in yellow or red.
If Wukong clone takes any damage or is ever not in combat it is destroyed.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 11:45:30 AM by NegativeZer0 »
Cards are definitely good to have, but I like punching my opponent in the face, too!

Kevin

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2014, 02:11:59 PM »
I'm not good at reading kickstarter goals and add ons.  Just to be sure, you get 2 complete Wuxing set at the $45 level?  Can we trade one of those Wuxing for another fantasy set (base and reinforcement)?  And I can add another fantasy faction for $30 total (base $20 and reinforcement $10)?

At $70 can I trade the AvP base and AvP reinforcement packs for two fantasy sets (base and reinforcement)?  Looks like $70 is the way to go if I want 2 more factions above Wuxing, right?

Chad is running the Kickstarter, but my guess is that if you want one Wuxing faction and other non-Alexander/Persia stuff, you're best off doing a $25 pledge and then getting other stuff as add-ons.  I recall that other fantasy factions (Basis + Reinforcement combined) are $20 per.  So for example if you want Wuxing plus 2 fantasy factions it'll cost you 25 + 20 + 20 = $65.

---------

It's also great that folks are posting unit ideas here.  Keep 'em coming!
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Winston Churchill

BubblePig

• Shoeless God of War
  • Playtester
  • Y'all are just hating on my steez.
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2014, 02:28:12 PM »
So, is this where to give suggestions for that bonus unit?  Jiangshi isn't a bad idea, but the thought of a dozen vampires hopping across the battlefield does raise a smile.

What about the Journey to the West party?  A Buddhist Monk, the Monkey King (irrepressible), 2 former celestial bureaucrats and a dragon disguised as a horse...

Or a Qilin, or the directional creatures (you have a dragon already, so a white tiger or a vermillion bird)?
Last time I checked kickstarter it had a message from Chad about the Alexander vs Persia I pledged asking whether either
a) I wanted to swap out any sets for any other sets
or
b) I had purchased any add ons
presumably so he would know what I wanted before compiling the shipping list for Alexander vs Persia. I assume Wuxing will work exactly the same way. This seems basically idiot proof as long as you check the kickstarter link again in (1 or 2?) weeks after the kickstarter is done.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 02:41:46 PM by BubblePig »

Hannibal

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2014, 02:37:19 PM »
It's also great that folks are posting unit ideas here.  Keep 'em coming!

What about an auxiliary human unit?  Maybe something like "Fantasy Japanese pirates"?  Or what about Terracotta Warriors made with "illegal science."  Maybe instead of having their Chi manipulated they're animated by trapped spirits.  So instead of being Constructs they'd simply be Fearless and D:2/3.  But no Animate Chi box.

Either of those you could see on the fringes of society and traveled enough that they could be Mercenaries to others.

Edit:  what about a version of Chinese "Healer Mages" or "High Priests"?  Support spell caster types that provided blessings and curses to non-constructs by manipulating their chi and such.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 02:39:04 PM by Hannibal »

BubblePig

• Shoeless God of War
  • Playtester
  • Y'all are just hating on my steez.
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2014, 02:37:46 PM »
Just pledged and shared on fb. Almost 2k already.

NegativeZer0

• Playtester
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2014, 02:44:54 PM »
It's also great that folks are posting unit ideas here.  Keep 'em coming!

What about an auxiliary human unit?  Maybe something like "Fantasy Japanese pirates"?  Or what about Terracotta Warriors made with "illegal science."  Maybe instead of having their Chi manipulated they're animated by trapped spirits.  So instead of being Constructs they'd simply be Fearless and D:2/3.  But no Animate Chi box.

Either of those you could see on the fringes of society and traveled enough that they could be Mercenaries to others.

Edit:  what about a version of Chinese "Healer Mages" or "High Priests"?  Support spell caster types that provided blessings and curses to non-constructs by manipulating their chi and such.

I like the pirate idea (not as much as Sun Wukong but defiantly more then Chinese vampires, solid second place choice for me).  

I would have to be against healers personally, we already have them as a merc unit, and it's already been seen in tournament play that taking the merc healers is common practice with this army, so I would really want to see a unit that gives something new to the game and the Wuxing.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 02:58:15 PM by NegativeZer0 »

Kevin

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2014, 03:10:00 PM »
Just hit the magic $2000.  Woohoo!   :)