Author Topic: Had a Great Time at KublaCon!  (Read 1158 times)

proudgeek159

Had a Great Time at KublaCon!
« on: May 29, 2014, 11:55:10 PM »
Hi guys,

Just wanted to thank you all, particularly Cory, for coming to KublaCon and running great demos. I've owned a few Battleground decks for a while (full Dwarves and Orcs, plus basic Mercenaries and Wood Elves), but after Cory ran me through a game Sunday night, I feel like I really have a grasp on the system and will be completing the rest of my factions (as well as supporting the Kickstarter). And thanks for the Lizardmen deck...I'm going to have a great time going all "Jurassic Park" on you guys at the next Bay Area tournament.

Craig
"The 1A Guy"

gull2112

• From the RUSH faction
    • Meditations on Brain Injury
Re: Had a Great Time at KublaCon!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 07:46:18 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Craig! Corey is an awesome exhibitor. I too, own all the decks and consider it very worth it. I'm sure Corey told you, but I will second it, that it is good to pick up Kingdoms early on. Kingdoms adds so much depth to each battle fought.
"Rules are only as good as the book they're bound in."
http://gullsbattleground.blogspot.com/

RushAss

• Administrator
  • Eat your beets - Recycle!
    • My Facebook.  Where you can see my, uh... face.
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 09:02:13 AM »
I'd like to second gull2112's welcome!  I'm glad you enjoyed it.  Corey is an absolute machine when it comes to championing this game.  Stick around and enjoy the sights!
"We are young wandering the face of the Earth
Wondering what our dreams might be worth
Learning that we're only immortal for a limited time"
-Rush, Dreamline

Hannibal

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 09:26:06 AM »
Hey Craig, great to see you!  It was my pleasure to run demos for you (and for all the folks we did).  I'm glad you had a great time, and I look forward to seeing your T-Rex stomping its way around our next tournament.

Welcome to the community!