Author Topic: Kickstarter is live!  (Read 12175 times)

Chad_YMG

• Administrator
    • Your Move Games
Kickstarter is live!
« on: May 20, 2014, 04:15:52 PM »
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/36468537/alexander-vs-persia-battleground-historical-warfar

It goes without saying, but please tell your friends, gamers and history buffs alike.  Help us make this project a success!
David Humphrey está todavía en la Colina 217.
      - From Spanish translation of Hill 218 rules

Hannibal

• Administrator
Re: Kickstarter is live!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 09:48:13 PM »
I wanted to give a personal THANK YOU to everyone who helped get this kickstarter off the ground.  Succeed or fail (and we're gonna succeed!),  I think we put out a pretty damn good kickstarter page!

My thanks, in no particular order:

Chad: for letting me bully him around for a couple of months while we got this up-and-running.

Kaile:  most of the graphics you see are her work, often on short notice.  Kaile, the problem with being a miracle worker is that people come back for a repeat performance.   Grin

Marcus:  the map & milestones are his doing, and I have a sneaking suspicion he'll need to do some more...  Oh, and to top it off, Marcus is also responsible for the shiny new website we'll be getting and us keeping our forum here. 

opimius:  for being the level headed Yin to my manic Yang.

Everyone here:  for all of you guys who proofread the kickstarter site and nit-picked it to death.  We have a better project because of that.

Thanks!

RushAss

• Administrator
  • Eat your beets - Recycle!
    • My Facebook.  Where you can see my, uh... face.
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 10:45:02 PM »
Glad to be of service!
"Chase the Sun around the World I want to look at life
In the available light"
-Rush, Available Light

Chad_YMG

• Administrator
    • Your Move Games
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 07:10:38 AM »
So far we're over 2/3 funded after less than 24 hours.  Granted, we asked for much less than most game projects but it's still a pretty exciting start.

Please keep telling people about the project.  In particular, remind people that even if they don't want to buy Battleground themselves they can still help out a lot.  Every Facebook mention helps.  Pledges of a dollar help a lot -- everyone "watching" you on Kickstarter sees that you're supporting and Kickstarter themselves decide whether to highlight projects based on success metrics.  And everyone knows someone who is a history buff and who might enjoy picking up an historical game like this even if they don't expect to play!

Chad_YMG

• Administrator
    • Your Move Games
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 09:59:04 AM »
We are FULLY FUNDED!

Hannibal

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 11:12:39 AM »

leemie

• my fan made stuff
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 12:24:58 PM »
It's looking good, might even make it to an extra historical faction at this rate.

The only downside I see is if people buy up all the fantasy factions they don't have in this kickstarter, the Wuxing will have a more difficult time funding.

gpman

• laying low in a blood filled trench
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 12:37:04 PM »
haven't pledged yet, want to make sure the $$$ will be there but will soon.  Only thing I'm bummed about is waiting till Nov to get my goodies  :-\  as I'm using this to increase my selection of factions / terrain / etc beyond the orcs I have now lol.  Can't pass this opportunity up tho...

wack falol da rah!

Chad_YMG

• Administrator
    • Your Move Games
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 01:32:32 PM »
November is there to give us some cushion.  I think the most likely timeline is roughly as follows:

Files sent to printer: End June.  The cards are done, but there's considerable rulebook work to do and a bit of work on Hill 218/Sector 219...but nothing major.  Plus we get Kaile for two days a week starting soon.

A month for printing gets us to end-July.

A month for shipping gets the product to US customs end-August.

Two weeks for customs gets the product to YMG mid-September.  That would mean product in customer hands in late September or early October.

Chad_YMG

• Administrator
    • Your Move Games
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2014, 01:33:34 PM »
It's looking good, might even make it to an extra historical faction at this rate.

The only downside I see is if people buy up all the fantasy factions they don't have in this kickstarter, the Wuxing will have a more difficult time funding.

True, although the Wuxing level can also be set lower if this one eats up a lot of 'generic' demand.

NegativeZer0

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2014, 03:14:07 PM »

True, although the Wuxing level can also be set lower if this one eats up a lot of 'generic' demand.

I believe fantasy will draw a much bigger crowd aka people that don't spend enough time looking at the Historic KS page to realize there are fantasy armies will back on the second KS.

Also minor suggestion:
If you have a specific KS related question (like the one above from gpman), ask it on the KS itself so chad can answer it there.  This does 2 things, 1 people get to see the question/answer, 2 active comments section boosts the placement of this project on KS website meaning more people see it.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 04:14:51 PM by NegativeZer0 »
Quote from: Chad_YMG
Cards are definitely good to have, but I like punching my opponent in the face, too!

RushAss

• Administrator
  • Eat your beets - Recycle!
    • My Facebook.  Where you can see my, uh... face.
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2014, 03:43:09 PM »
Two weeks for customs gets the product to YMG mid-September.  That would mean product in customer hands in late September or early October.
If we could have them for Council of 5 Nations in October that would be beyond awesome
"Chase the Sun around the World I want to look at life
In the available light"
-Rush, Available Light

gpman

• laying low in a blood filled trench
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2014, 04:26:49 PM »
Also minor suggestion:
If you have a specific KS related question (like the one above from gpman), ask it on the KS itself so chad can answer it there.  This does 2 things, 1 people get to see the question/answer, 2 active comments section boosts the placement of this project on KS website meaning more people see it.

it wasn't really a question, just a lament  8)  but if I have any questions I'll make sure to ask them on the KS page  ;)

BTW - I wasn't asking to get anything sooner, was just lamenting the wait.  I understand how this works and am grateful just to have the chance to get everything I need / want.  I'm very new to this game that seems to have been around for a long time (still don't know how I missed it all these years).

As to the wait:  the only other project I've supported was SJ Games OGRE and that was over a year late by the time we got our hands on it (that in no way is a comment on this or any other ks project - just my experience).  Well worth the wait for me but I was like a kid on Xmas Eve and dawn never came.....
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 07:01:32 PM by gpman »
wack falol da rah!

BubblePig

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2014, 07:29:45 PM »
Fully funded already?!?
Nice job.

Hannibal

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2014, 07:45:45 PM »
Yup, and halfway to the first stretch goal.