Author Topic: Egyptian Mythology Army - Need ideas for an army ability  (Read 3249 times)

NegativeZer0

Egyptian Mythology Army - Need ideas for an army ability
« on: May 09, 2014, 08:46:34 AM »
Mythology Army meaning units like
Anubis

Bastet

Sobek

Several others as well

Anyone have any thoughts that would fit this theme
(looking for a thematic ability more then one that fits the way the army plays as I can tweak the ability to fit the play style, this is why i have no other info posted here about the army)

I have an ability currently picked out but it seems tacked on instead of fitting with the theme.

Also a quick note, Ive been working on this off and on for over a year,  my original post was in the forums a LONG time ago and the army looks nothign like it did in that post.  Anyway the point is this is not realted to iamJMAN00793's undead egyptian army in any way nor was this a copy of his idea
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 10:08:50 AM by NegativeZer0 »
Quote from: Chad_YMG
Cards are definitely good to have, but I like punching my opponent in the face, too!

leemie

• my fan made stuff
Re: Egyptian Mythology Army - Need ideas for an army ability
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 12:16:13 PM »
The only Egyptian Myth I remember is weighing your heart after you die to see if it weighs more than a feather. If your sins weigh your heart down you die if not you go to the equivalent of heaven.

So my thought is punishing the opponent for attacking you

Ability: judgement:
each time one of your units suffers damage from an attack check a box on the unit,
you may uncheck to decrease the result of any die by one.

or

anytime your opponent plays a red command card against one of your units draw a command card

or

something like that

Kevin

Re: Egyptian Mythology Army - Need ideas for an army ability
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 05:57:13 PM »
OK here's a thought.  Not sure what you'd call it, but to steal a bit from the Alexander faction...

When you discard a card, it may go into the "Spirit box"  If there are currently more than 5 cards in the spirit box, move cards (your choice) from the "Spirit Box" into the discard pile.

Mark a unit's Spirit mark. 

Erase the mark to play a card from the Spirit Box.  This counts as playing a Command Card.  Any card played from the Spirit Box goes into the discard pile.
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Winston Churchill