Author Topic: Alexander vs Persia: Proofreaders needed!  (Read 7584 times)

Torrg

• Playtester
Re: Alexander vs Persia: Proofreaders needed!
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2014, 04:27:52 PM »
Hello
I went with the Ranged as that is how it is listed in the 3.0 rule book.

page 4 states the (bow symbol) is a "Ranged" Attack
1.1.3 Ranged Order
3.2.3.3 Ranged Combat Modifiers

It seemed consistent with the rules where it concerned either the standing order or explaining the mechanic.

That was my reasoning anyways. :)
Thanks
An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
Robert A. Heinlein

Hannibal

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2014, 04:31:33 PM »
Yeah, I can totally see that.  Don't think either way is wrong.  And I don't think it'll ever confuse anybody.

NegativeZer0

• Playtester
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2014, 01:15:45 PM »
Hannibal,
I can deal with a misspelled word but another Dark Elf mistake would be really bad (obviously we want to avoid both but the later is significantly worse) so I'm chiming in to make sure the stats have been checked and re-checked and that you're 100% sure they match your final play test numbers.  You know for sure what those final numbers should be and what stats where changed in last minute play testing where the rest of us will probably never notice such an error.

I realize I may sound a little bit like a dick with my wording here but that's not my intention at all just a friendly reminder to make sure that after all the other edits have been made the stats are checked a final time immediately before they are sent for printing.  
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 01:24:10 PM by NegativeZer0 »
Quote from: Chad_YMG
Cards are definitely good to have, but I like punching my opponent in the face, too!

Hannibal

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2014, 01:22:12 PM »
Hannibal,
I can deal with a misspelled word but another Dark Elf style mistake would be really bad so I'm chiming in to make sure the stats have been checked and that you're 100% sure they match your final play test numbers.  You know 100% for sure what those final numbers should be and what ones where changed last minute where most of us will never notice such an error.

I realize I may sound a little bit like a dick with my wording here but that's not my intention at all just a friendly reminder to make sure that the stats are checked a final time immediately before they are sent for printing.  

I didn't take it as you being a dick at all.  In fact, I appreciate the input. ;D  You're absolutely right, I want there to be no mistakes of that caliber.

However, I'm not the only one with access to them:  everyone is!  The proofs are online, as is the excel file with all the stats.  Both can be found in the first post of this thread.

You can be a great help by double checking all the stats yourself.  I've personally done it five times...but I wrote it and just on #5 I found something that had been missed on #1-4.

RushAss

• Administrator
  • Eat your beets - Recycle!
    • My Facebook.  Where you can see my, uh... face.
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2014, 04:33:45 PM »
Here's a quick one - None of the units with spears mention the (-1) -0/-0 dice on the charge on the back of the card. 
"Art as expression, not as market campaigns
Will still capture our imaginations"
-Rush, Natural Science

Hannibal

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2014, 05:48:35 PM »
Which units specifically?

RushAss

• Administrator
  • Eat your beets - Recycle!
    • My Facebook.  Where you can see my, uh... face.
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2014, 09:36:11 AM »
Sorry, should have said the non-phalanx Alexander units.  Agema and Iphicratean Spearmen are missing it.
"Art as expression, not as market campaigns
Will still capture our imaginations"
-Rush, Natural Science

Hannibal

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2014, 12:17:40 PM »
That's not a typo.  Those units don't lose a die when they charge.  They're like Triarii that way.

Hannibal

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2014, 05:28:08 PM »
A new set of proofs are up!  Chad said that this Friday (8/29) is out target date for sending stuff to the printers, so it's all hands on deck!  If you can spare a few moments, go here and look over the proofs for any typos.

Tarrant50

« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2014, 11:57:49 AM »
Terrain on both Combat Modifier cards is misspelled as "Terraine" (The Alexander one is in the Bold subheading and the Persian one is in the title format).

T.