Author Topic: Forum May Go Down Temporarily for Your Move Games Website Migration  (Read 1797 times)

RushAss

• Administrator
  • Eat your beets - Recycle!
    • My Facebook.  Where you can see my, uh... face.
Hi there folks!  As some of you may know we have been working on an updated web site for Your Move Games and we are at the point this week where we will making it live.  I just wanted to make you all aware that there may be a few bumps during the process and it's possible that the forum may go down for a period of time.  If it does don't worry!  We'll have it up shortly.  If anybody has any questions feel free to email me at marcus.giegerich@gmail.com

Thanks for your understanding and patience in case it does go down.
"Art as expression, not as market campaigns
Will still capture our imaginations"
-Rush, Natural Science

gornhorror

• Playtester
  • Goony goo-goo!
Re: Forum May Go Down Temporarily for Your Move Games Website Migration
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 01:04:17 PM »
Just a comment.  However, don't let me stop you from doing your job.  From a person who visits the boards regularly I notice that things get exciting in the topics the closer a particular tournament gets.  Do you really want to do this now and possibly have the site go down during the days leading up to Championship?  Perhaps it might be wiser to make the switch sometime after this weekend.

8)
Where's this shade, that you got it made?

leemie

• Playtester
    • my fan made stuff
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 03:21:01 PM »
cool. excited for the website update.

Dave-SWA

• The Schenectady Wargamers Association
    • The Schenectady Wargamers Association
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 07:04:36 PM »
I agree 1000% with Brook.
Best to wait until after the Championships to make significant changes to the forum.

-DC
Schenectady Wargamers Association
An Adventure Gaming club serving the Capital District of upstate New York for over 40 years.
Council of Five Nations (Sept 29 - Oct 1, 2017) - this is our 40th, the Ruby Anniversary.  It will be extra special this year!
www.swa-gaming.org

Hannibal

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 07:09:07 PM »
Guys, the forum migration is holding up the website redesign.  The website redesign is holding up the Alexander & Persia kickstarter.  The kickstarter is holding up printing of Alexander, Persia, and the Wuxing. 

I know waiting a few days may not seem like a lot, but with all the travel Marcus is doing, he almost certainly will be busy at work next week.  That means that not doing it now could delay things by more than a week.

I get what you're saying, but I'm confident that Marcus can either handle to the migration smoothly or at the very least get this one back up if things don't go according to plan.