Author Topic: Ramses' Cursed Horde: Mythological Egyptian Faction  (Read 1548 times)

iamJMAN00793

• This is Sparta!
Ramses' Cursed Horde: Mythological Egyptian Faction
« on: March 13, 2014, 07:07:20 PM »
Before I get started I want to thank the people who helped my make this faction a reality.
First, my brother Gabriel (aka iamMRME11798), who gave me the original idea and worked with me through the first couple drafts.
Second, Marcus (aka RushAss), who help me with initial costing and working out some early bugs in the units and command cards.
And finally, Corey (aka Hannibal), who helped the give the faction a coherent theme, eliminate unnecessary unit overlap, fix command cards, recost everything, and provided me with the the format for the proxies. (Which is my the check boxes are from Alexander's army.)
Thanks so much guys.

Ramses' Cursed Horde

When the invaders came, the pharaoh-sorcerer Ramses stood against them.  His army was destroyed and the land Khemisr was open to the invaders.  With his last breath, Ramses spoke a hekau curse, denying Khemisr to the enemy.  The Iteru dried up and the invaders could not quench their thirst.  The black soil turned red and the invaders could sow no crops.  The great necropolises were protected by sand and sun.  Khemisr died, its people fleeing into the wilderness, becoming the Usir and awaiting the return of their pharaoh.  When the last son of the last son of the last invader died, only then would Khemisr return.  And the dead pharaohs and warriors would rise under Ramses, conquering an empire for the reborn Khemisr. ~ Corey

Army Abilities:
Ramses' Curse: Spend a command action to mark the unit’s Ramses’ Curse box. After the unit deals damage in an attack, you may erase the mark to circle the defending unit’s offensive skill stat. During the next turn that unit suffers D: -1/-0.
Feint: During the Pre-Combat Courage phase you may erase the Ramses Curse box to make this unit rout.  This unit gains D:+3/+0 this turn.  At the end of the turn, rally this unit.
Tomb Dweller: May not be given modified command orders. (May still be direct controlled)

Command Cards:
The Dead Never Rest - 2 - Play during your Movement and Command Phase. May heal one damage on two units with the Undead keyword. Or, discard for another command card.

Ramses’ Command - 2 - Play during the Pre-Combat Courage phase.  One unit of your choice gains the Feint keyword.

Immortal Warriors - 2-  Play during an attack, before your opponent rolls to hit. Your unit gets D: +0/+1. If your unit receives more than one damage, prevent one damage.

Fear is a Powerful Motivator - 2 - Play on an engaged unit during an attack before you roll to hit. Your unit gets O: (+1)+1/+0 this attack, or O: (+1)+1/+1 if your unit is within 5” of a friendly Fearsome/ Terrifying unit.

Legion of Doom - 2 - Play during an attack before you roll to hit.  Your unit gets O: (+0)+0/+1, if your unit is charging it also gets +1 impact hit this attack.

Units:
Mummy Guard - Core - 166 pts  
O: (5)5/5    D: 1/2   R: –   C: –   M: 3.5”  3G 4Y 2R
Tomb Dweller. Undead.

The Pharaoh's most skilled warriors have been formed into units of mighty Mummy Guard.

Mummy Spearmen - Core - 147 pts
O: (6*)4*/5*    D: 1/2   R: –   C: –   M: 3.5”  3G 4Y 2R
Tomb Dweller. Undead. O: (-1)-0-0 when charging. O: (+0)+1/+0 vs. cavalry or large units. O: (+0)+0/+2 when holding vs. charging cavalry or large.

The living dead form a dangerous and unmovable  wall of sharped spears.

Mummy Servants - Core - 96 pts  
O: (5)4/4    D: 1/1   R: –   C: –   M: 3.5”  3G 5Y 2R
Tomb Dweller. Undead.

The great Pharaoh has a horde of living dead to do his bidding.

Egyptian Chariots - Core - 213 pts
O: (4)5*/5*    D: 1*/2   R: 10.5"   C: –   M: 6”  2G 2Y 2R
Wheeled. Cavalry. Feint. Undead. D: +1/+0 against ranged attacks. O: (-0)-2/-2 while engaged. Ranged attack is LOS.

The nobles who fight under Ramses' have been gifted, both with souls and chariots.

Asar Infantry - Core - 208 pts
O: (6*)5*/5*    D: 2/1   R: -   C: 12   M: 5”  4G 3Y 3R
O: (+0)+1/+0 vs. cavalry or large units. O: (+0)+0/+2 when holding vs. charging cavalry or large.

When Ramses rose to power the Asar people rallied around their great ancestor.

Asar Archers - Core - 154 pts
O: (4)5*/5*    D: 1/1   R: 14"   C: 11   M: 3.5”  2G 3Y 2R
O: (-0)-2/-2 when engaged.

Many Asar are skilled bowmen.

Asar Camel Cavalry - Standard - 135 pts
O: (4)5/5    D: 2*/1   R: -   C: 12   M: 5”  2G 2Y 2R
Cavalry. Fearsome to Cavalry. D: +1/+0 when charging. +1 MC when in MC-penalizing terrain.

As a nomadic people the Asar use camels for mounts due to their incredible endurance.

Scarab Swarm - Standard - 142 pts
O: (7)4/4    D: 1/0   R: -   C: -  M: 5”  5G 3Y 3R
Tomb Dweller. D: +2/+0 against ranged attacks. Always has the "Close" Standing Order and may not be given a Standing Order Modifier or be directly controlled.

One scarab is nothing to worry about, but 100 will eat you alive.

Giant Scorpions - Standard - 281 pts
O: (5)5/6    D: 2/2   R: -   C: 13  M: 6”  3G 3Y 2R
Tomb Dweller. Fearsome. After rolling to wound but before Command Cards are played, roll an extra to-wound die for every result of "1."  Further "1" results do not generate additional to-wound rolls.

These beasts of the desert were bred to kill Pharaoh's enemies.

Medjay Chariots - Elite - 334 pts
O: (4)6/5    D: 2*/2   R: 10.5"   C: –   M: 6”  3G 2Y 2R
Wheeled. Cavalry. Javelin. Feint. Undead.  D: +1/+0 against ranged attacks.  O: (+0)+0/+1 and D: +1/+0 when charging.

The Medjay are bodyguards of the mighty Pharaoh.

Anubian Guards - Elite - 379 pts
O: (5)6/6    D: 3/1   R: -   C: -  M: 5”  4G 2Y 4R
Tomb Dweller. Terrifying.

These terrifying jackal-headed beasts guard souls who have passed into the after-life, and they are happy to help more on their way.

Phoenix - Elite - 369 pts
O: (5)6/6    D: 3*/1   R: 3.5   C: -  M: 3.5”  2G 2Y 2R
Flying (10.5"). Fearsome.  D: +1/+0 when charging.  No Ramses Curse box.  May not play Command Cards on this unit. When this unit is destroyed, make a (5)6/6 attack against every engaged unit at the end of the phase.

Phoenix fly high above the battlefield, swooping down to deliver lethal attacks.

Sphinx - Elite - 478 pts
O: (5)5/8    D: 1/4   R: -   C: -  M: 5”  6G 4Y 4R
Tomb Dweller. Colossal. Terrifying.

This colossal monster crushes all in the path of its master.

Ramses' Cursed Horde Units:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzJCl-3Gd7dCejl0TWFwSU1jUFE/edit

Ramses' Cursed Horde Cards:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzJCl-3Gd7dCRE5jUm1jdlQ4bVU/edit
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 02:49:56 PM by iamJMAN00793 »
Every man dies. Not every man really lives. ~ Braveheart

gornhorror

• Rules Team
  • Goony goo-goo!
Re: Ramses' Cursed Horde: Mythological Egyptian Faction
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 09:30:06 PM »
I like this faction a lot.  The feigned flight card is awesome and very different.  That thing that happens when the phoenix is destroyed is just awesome. 
Where's this shade, that you got it made?

leemie

• my fan made stuff
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 11:22:50 AM »
cool faction I'd play it or against it for sure.

Army Abilities:
Ramses' Curse: Spend a command action to mark the unit’s Ramses’ Curse box. After the unit deals damage in an attack, you may erase the mark to circle the defending unit’s offensive skill stat. During the next turn that unit suffers D: -1/-0.
if it effects the defense why don't you circle the defense?

Fear is a Powerful Motivator - 2 - Play on an engaged unit during an attack before you roll to hit. Your unit gets O: (+1)+1/+0 this attack, or O: (+1)+1/+1 if your unit is within 5” of a friendly Fearsome/ Terrifying unit.

I like this card.

Phoenix - Elite - 396 pts
O: (5)6/6    D: 3*/1   R: 3.5   C: -  M: 6”  2G 2Y 2R
Flying (10.5"). Fearsome.  D: +1/+0 when charging.  No Ramses Curse box.  May not play Command Cards on this unit. When this unit is destroyed, make a (5)6/6 attack against every engaged unit at the end of the phase.

I love that this unit explodes.

Sphinx - Elite - 478 pts
O: (5)5/8    D: 1/4   R: -   C: -  M: 5”  6G 4Y 4R
Tomb Dweller. Colossal. Terrifying.

It would be cool to give the sphinx some kind of special ability abstractly related to riddles. Such as each time the sphinx attacks you can look at the top card of your or your opponents deck.

iamJMAN00793

• This is Sparta!
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 02:44:22 PM »
Thanks for the feedback guys. Corey has been helping me with costing units. We have discussed some changes and I am just waiting on some costing info to update the proxies.

To answer the question about the army ability, that is a typo. The ability as changed for an offensive ability (D: -1/-0), to a defensive ability (O: (-0)-1/-0). I'm just waiting to correct all of the errors at once when I get the new cost data. Thanks for pointing that out though.

Hannibal

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 04:15:34 PM »
Yeah, sorry about that.  The last couple of days hit me like I was standing next to the brick wall when the Kool-Aid Man came a-bustin' through.

iamJMAN00793

• This is Sparta!
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 04:53:57 PM »
It's all good man, I know you guys have been busy with the tournament and upcoming releases.

I'll update the army list in the next few days.

iamJMAN00793

• This is Sparta!
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 02:51:24 PM »
Alright guys, I have made the proper changes to the files. The new units and stats are available for playtesting.