Author Topic: Battleground Elite Smackdown!  (Read 4509 times)

gull2112

• From the RUSH faction
    • Meditations on Brain Injury
Battleground Elite Smackdown!
« on: February 19, 2009, 09:36:47 PM »
1000, 2000, or 3,000 point battle, only Elite units allowed. If no one is using M&M as their main faction then either player can use M&M elites as long as they comprise less than half of total points expended. Command cards cost 50 points, and the limit is 5 per 1000 points. This is a sort of acknowledgment that there really isn't any way to spend smaller amounts of points and some factions will more easily build closer to the mark.
Disclaimer - No guarantees of game balance!!! Disclaimer - No guarantees of game balance!!! Disclaimer - No guarantees of game balance!!!

I would suggest lots of terrain placement to make the battle more interesting, unless your going for arena style combat! This is a good solitaire scenario and really addresses that super geek polemic ala "Who's tougher, Batman or Spiderman?"

Some factions don't have a lot of elite choices so if your opponent wants to use M&M as a merc faction then you must choose a different faction then M&M!

This also has a feel more like Warhammer or WarMachine, kind of a glorified-bar-fight/ballroom dance.
"Rules are only as good as the book they're bound in."
http://gullsbattleground.blogspot.com/

Chad_YMG

• Administrator
    • Your Move Games
Re: Battleground Elite Smackdown!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 02:18:35 PM »
The obvious concern at the lower cost levels is that point cost of individual units may dominate.

At 1,000 points I think it's hard to imagine that Abominations aren't an insane value, and that an Abom + Giant Catapult army won't crush all who oppose it.
David Humphrey está todavía en la Colina 217.
      - From Spanish translation of Hill 218 rules

gull2112

• From the RUSH faction
    • Meditations on Brain Injury
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 04:52:31 PM »
Are abominations elite? I don't have the deck right beside me, but I don't think they are allowed in this version, 'lites only.
"Rules are only as good as the book they're bound in."
http://gullsbattleground.blogspot.com/

lazyj

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 05:14:35 PM »
As I recall from reading here, Andrew abused the Abominations so much they had to make them Elite or no one would ever beat him...  :D

Yes they are Elite.

Chad_YMG

• Administrator
    • Your Move Games
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 11:25:12 AM »
Abominations are a bit too good, but when it really becomes a problem is when you can have as many as you want.  A line of Aboms is really hard to get through but doesn't cost a lot of points.  Also, because they are a (6)4/4 on offense, they hit a sweet spot when they make up the whole line.  They aren't paying much for their offensive profile, but if they are pinching you they get the +1/+1 on six dice.  That would often mean that once line breaks, two not-supposed-to-be-good-at-killing-stuff Aboms would suddenly be very good at it indeed.

We considered increasing their point cost but in the end decided that the real problem was being able to take lots of them, so making them Elite was a perfect fix.
David Humphrey está todavía en la Colina 217.
      - From Spanish translation of Hill 218 rules

Quelmotz

• The berserker
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 11:47:31 PM »
6x Chosen
5x HP
2936 points

Death CURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No elite can survive 45 points of damage and the chosen probably won't die easily, dealing further damage.

3x GWE
3x HP
1959 points

The GWEs never die and can really steamroll people while charging, and the HPs can death curse, heal, hex, etc.

5x Celestial Guard
2x Battlemages
Slightly over the limit 3008 points.

The CGs will never die, and their power is boosted by the constant usage of command cards.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein