Author Topic: Mixng Factions for individual armies.  (Read 3284 times)

Jtolman

Mixng Factions for individual armies.
« on: June 03, 2008, 10:11:15 PM »
How would anyone handle allowing A player to pull units into 1 army from 2 or 3 factions. Such as creating a Human, Dwarf, Elf army against and Orc + monsters Army. (and This would not be when having a 2 player game, not adding additional players)

would need a way to handle command decks and Exceptions for allowance on Core and Elite allowed from each faction and such.

Niko White

• Celestial Guard
  • A tíro nin, Fanuilos!
Re: Mixng Factions for individual armies.
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 10:35:30 PM »

If it is a unified command with allied units, the easiest way is to figure out who the overall leader faction is and use the Mercenary rules for the other factions, which is that a) using a mercenary unit's faction unique ability costs an extra command action, b) you can't use your faction specific command cards on mercenary units, though you can use the generic ones (you can use Mettle but not I Kill You Meself), and c) mercenary core units can't fulfill your core unit requirement.

If the idea is separate commands (ie, fully independent forces working together on the battlefield) I'd mantain command integrity among each force: figure out how many commmand actions each would have, only let them use those actions on their own guys, have them draw from their own decks and only play cards on their own guys, etc.  Basically treat them as other opposing factions except that they might deploy together and don't count each other as enemies.

In the first case I think you could just leave the points values equal among sides; the awkwardness of the mercenary command and control should about balance out with the extra flexibility of bringing other units.  In the second case I'd give maybe a 10% bonus, because it is a pain in the butt to have to maintain truly separate commands.

Jtolman

Re: Mixng Factions for individual armies.
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 11:21:37 PM »
I was also thinking of having a limitation that you couldn't have an elite from another faction without a certain number of core units from that same faction.