Author Topic: Re: New Command Cards  (Read 5524 times)

BubblePig

Re: New Command Cards
« on: October 08, 2012, 09:51:36 PM »

In addition to rule revisions, A number of command cards have been Officially revised.

At some point, pretty new command cards will go up, but at the moment I have made a .pdf file which contains all of the new cards in a rather mundane form.  You all can download it here.  

In all cases, there is one proxy per card in the respective faction's deck, so just download this file once and, assuming your command cards are sleeved, just the proxies on top of the current corresponding cards and you're all set!

Here are the cards which were changed and the reasons why:

Hawkshold Attack Formation:  a
Hawkshold Defensive Formation:  a
Hawkshold The Plan:  b

Orc Frenzy:  a, c
Orc Battle Lust:  b, d, e
Orc Rampage:  b, d

Undead Flesh Rot:  f
Undead Vampirism:  f
Undead Wave of Terror:  b, e

Lizardmen Saurian Fury:  a

Dark Elf Arrogant Spite:  g

Dwarf Rune of the Warrior:  a
Dwarf Rune of Skill:  a
Dwarf Rune of Power:  a

Code:

a = These had been too weak; faction cards should be at least as good as generic cards (e.g. Might).
b = These now are no longer "dead cards" in certain games.
c = Better flavor.
d = Pitching a card rather than using a command action allows the card to be played on the opponent turn, and reflects what was done later with the Umenzi Devosion of Endurance.
e = These no longer get stupidly overpowered when played in a massive (3000+ point) game.
f = The Undead needed some help with their attack skill, as their only skill-6 unit is the 500-something point Death Knights.
g = This fix happened last year, and is included in the .pdf for your convenience.  The card had previously been overpowered by wording which had not matched the designer's intent.

----------------

Players are certainly welcome to continue to use the printed cards, though anyone going to a tournament should expect to see the new ones, and in general the new cards should make for a more balanced, fun game.

One other thing:  It's also possible that one or two other cards will change in the near-to-intermediate future...or maybe not.

Hi,

is there an option to get those new cards with decent graphics? I don't really want to put those proxies infront of my "awesome" looking cards. Kinda spoils the fun for me.
Kyoden, this option does not currently exist AFAIK.

PS How come you put the word "awesome" in quotes?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 09:56:04 PM by BubblePig »

leemie

• my fan made stuff
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 10:26:44 PM »
It would be cool to come out with an errata card pack eventually with updated versions of all the misprinted cards.

Kyoden

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 08:15:26 PM »
Anything new on this topic? It seems like BG is very inactive overall. I have not found anything new on the page for over a year or so.

Hannibal

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 11:27:06 AM »
Anything new on this topic?

I don't know of any progress towards this, mainly because all of the energy is focused on development.  Wuxing has been finished, both the rules and artwork.  Alexander & Persia is very close to being done, and there are at least two factions waiting in the wings (Greek mercenaries and Vlachold) but I think a few others in various stages (for example, Underworld is being discussed and Spain vs Aztecs has been in development).

It seems like BG is very inactive overall. I have not found anything new on the page for over a year or so.

Huh.  Have you looked here, here, here, here, or here?  Development is buried at the bottom of the forum, but there's a lot of activity there.  And the New Jersey crow is good for some really cool game reports every couple of weeks.

Kyoden

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 08:07:34 PM »
Don't get me wrong but a forum and a homepage are 2 different things. Only a few people will really dig in a forum and check if anything relevant has happened especially if the board has quite some subboards. Now, seeing a teaser of the new faction and what is going on on the main page would give the game a much needed spark. I've read that YMG is looking for distributors and stuff, but if I, as a distributor, which I actually am, would check your page and see that nothing has happened for the last year or even more I certainly wouldn't consider to carry it, after all the homepage is the first thing besides a local demo which gets the players going.

Hannibal

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 09:23:56 PM »
Ah I see.  Well, I know there's steps being taken on the website front.  Things are moving forward.  It may not appear like it, but there is progress being made.

Chad_YMG

• Administrator
    • Your Move Games
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 11:06:12 AM »
Kyoden,

The long-dormant website is a very valid complaint.  If you'd like to take a look at the new site in development, please email me at chad.ellis@comcast.net.
David Humphrey está todavía en la Colina 217.
      - From Spanish translation of Hill 218 rules

iamJMAN00793

• This is Sparta!
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 03:59:51 PM »
I'm glad to hear you guys are working on updating the website. It could make finding rule updates a lot easier.
Every man dies. Not every man really lives. ~ Braveheart

gull2112

• From the RUSH faction
    • Meditations on Brain Injury
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2014, 07:56:39 AM »
Rule 1.1.5 Disrupted
second pp second sentence first word should be "If" not "It."
"Rules are only as good as the book they're bound in."
http://gullsbattleground.blogspot.com/