Author Topic: Special Condition: Divine Favor  (Read 2036 times)

gull2112

• From the RUSH faction
    • Meditations on Brain Injury
Special Condition: Divine Favor
« on: November 21, 2011, 10:01:38 PM »
I was reading some more about pre-colombians today and the Amazonians would try to outdo each other by bringing a bigger god effigy to battle with them. No expense was spared and apparently the effect, when obvious, was significant. I thought this might make for an interesting variant.

Culling divine favor
When building an army, a certain number of points can be assigned to the "holy effigy." After placement but before orders are written the players reveal how much they have spent on their holy effigy and if one side outspends their opponent by more than 20 points they are declared to have the most spectacular holy effigy and the troops believe that they are favored to win the battle and that player gets +1 Courage and the opponent gets -1 Courage. During orders players write +1 or -1, as appropriate, on one unit when giving it orders, to signify where their effigy is located. If the +1 unit routs or is eliminated the Courage mods are reversed, if the -1 unit routs or is eliminated there is no effect. Needless to say, the effigy's range, like God's scope, is the whole battlefield.  
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 08:01:55 PM by gull2112 »
"Rules are only as good as the book they're bound in."
http://gullsbattleground.blogspot.com/

Kevin

Re: Special Condition: Divine Favor
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 11:03:35 PM »
Sorry for being dense here, but what does "+1 leadership" mean?  Courage?
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Winston Churchill

gull2112

• From the RUSH faction
    • Meditations on Brain Injury
Re: Special Condition: Divine Favor
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 08:00:38 PM »
Oops, sorry. Yeah, that. The psychology rules get a little mixed up when terms like courage, morale, and leadership get thrown about.

Note: I went back and cleaned up my sloppy nomenclature.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 08:02:41 PM by gull2112 »
"Rules are only as good as the book they're bound in."
http://gullsbattleground.blogspot.com/