Author Topic: New Special Conditions  (Read 6630 times)

Manchu8990

Re: New Special Conditions
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2011, 05:45:43 PM »
To me the looting would make sense in one of two cases.  For most trained troops their discipline would keep that in check so for loot to make sense there should not be any enemy units within range and sight of the "potential looter".  All clear proceed to gather the fat lootz.  Second case is the "militia" type troops, looting would occur at any time and have whatever detriments to their functioning.  In the first case maybe rolling one die and that would be the number of turns the unit is on hold order.  Roll the die in secret and that adds an element of unknown for you opponent, who may think to move in for the free kill.  Once engaged show the die result for clarity.  Just spit balling.
“In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it” - Erwin Rommel

Kevin

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2011, 05:16:57 PM »
I'll probably use at least some of these at Championship, btw.   Update:  I chose 6 of them to try to Championship.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 09:06:39 PM by Kevin »
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Winston Churchill

Kevin

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2012, 12:10:03 PM »
Just for fun, let's resurrect this thread and see if there are any other Special Conditions which folks can think up.  I may use some at Championship 2013...also pondering a round with 2 special conditions.

Here are a couple, off the top of my head:

Wide Open Flank:  Deployment zones are moved the same direction to be flush with the corner (directly across from each other, not kitty corner) and are shortened from 26" to 23.5".

Victory Surge:  Draw two command cards at the end of any turn that you destroyed at least one opponent unit.

However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Winston Churchill

Hannibal

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2012, 12:23:28 PM »
For Kublacon, I did a whole set of new special conditions based on the Kingdom's advancements.  Many of them are probably too wacky for your event, but here are a few that could work:

Mutiny:  All units begin the game with the Disrupted standing Order.  Players may not Sound the Charge.

Despair:  After standing orders are assigned, every unit makes a Courage Check.  If the unit fails it is at -1Cge for the game.

Traitors:  Players have 1 less Command Action than normal.

Armory:  Each player may have one more Elite choice than is normally allowed.

Keep:  Standard units count as Core units for fulfilling Core requirements.

Scouts:  During army building, players may spend points on Scouts.  Whichever player spent more points may add or remove 1 small terrain per 25 pts spent (max 4 terrain pieces).

Bribery:  Each player chooses one non-Core from his opponent’s faction.  His opponent may not take that unit this game.

Ambush:  During army building, players may spend points on Ambush.  Whichever player spent more points may deploy 1 unit up to 7” from his deployment zone per 25 pts spent .

Taxation:  The first 5 Command Cards purchased cost 15 pts each.

Officer Core:  Players have 1 more Command Action than normal.

Heroism:  At the end of every turn, both players roll a d6 for each Command Card played this turn.  On a 1, the card is put back in the player’s hand.

Spies:  Players choose {1100, 1500, 1900}pts of army, and  reveal their choices.  Then players complete army muster.  Core requirements only need to be met at end of army muster.

Reconnaissance:  Players reveal their units before deployment.

False Flag:  During army building, players may spend points on False Flag.  Whichever player spent more points may choose a new deployment map.

Castle:  Elite units count as Core units for fulfilling Core requirements, and are not restricted to 1 per 1,000 pts.

(Okay, that last one is probably too wacky as well.  But it would be so cool!)

Kevin

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2012, 01:09:50 PM »
I like both "Bribery" and "Reconnaissance."  Thx!  :)

Niko White

• Celestial Guard
  • Administrator
  • A tíro nin, Fanuilos!
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2012, 02:43:32 PM »

Lifting Keep and Armory is really smart too, those are super fun to play with from time to time but full Kingdoms campaigns don't happen all that often.

BubblePig

• Shoeless God of War
  • Playtester
  • Y'all are just hating on my steez.
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2012, 07:41:25 PM »
Extensive Preparation: Players prepare two command decks of 15 cards each. Players may choose which cards go into each deck and shuffle. Repeat when all cards are exhausted from both decks. Before and during Deployment and Standing Orders players must alternate draws between decks, then may choose which deck to draw from thereafter.

Kevin

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2012, 08:32:00 PM »
You're right, Niko.  I'll probably combine Armory & Keep into a "Choose one" card called "Armored Keep," as many factions benefit a lot from one but not the other.

"Extensive Preparation" is going in the right direction, but as written the only use I really see is to ensure that the cards you draw are balanced between reds & blues.

Maybe a way to modify it to superchange your command deck a little bit would be in order, such as ...

Extensive Preparation:  Each player pulls up to 10 cards out of his command deck before shuffling; these cards are unused this game.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 09:35:03 AM by Kevin »

gull2112

• Administrator
  • From the RUSH faction
    • Meditations on Brain Injury
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2012, 08:33:34 PM »
Special condition: Focused Effort: removal every duplicate of either all blue or all red cards. Green and blue/red cards are ignored. This represents either a concentrated defense or all-out attack.

A faction card idea: Success Breeds Success! After you play a card, instead of discarding it you may discard this card instead and return the other to your hand.
"Rules are only as good as the book they're bound in."
http://gullsbattleground.blogspot.com/