Author Topic: Some accounts accidentally deleted.  (Read 2853 times)

Kevin

• Playtester
Some accounts accidentally deleted.
« on: August 01, 2011, 11:35:34 AM »
Recently over 180,000 spambots were deleted from the system.  In and amongst those, a number of regular users were also (accidentally) deleted.  :-[

If your forum name starts with A or with Ba - Bh, your account was accidentally wiped out and you need to sign up again.  I imagine you could use the same forum name.  

It's possible, but highly unlikely, that other legitimate accounts were also scrubbed.  If you can't log in, please re-register.

Apologies for the inconvenience.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 03:53:10 PM by Niko White »
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Winston Churchill

Chad_YMG

• Administrator
    • Your Move Games
Re: Some accounts accidentally deleted.
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 10:38:18 AM »
Thanks for clearing out the spambots.  I'm sure anyone whose legitimate account was deleted will understand.  :)
David Humphrey está todavía en la Colina 217.
      - From Spanish translation of Hill 218 rules

Moose

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 06:47:50 PM »
Some accounts were deleted again while removing some 2000 0 count posters. Not sure what I did wrong, was searching for members with 0 posts to delete, yet somehow ended up deleting anyone whose user name starts with an A. I apologize sincerely.

Hannibal

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 11:16:28 AM »
Hey no worries.  Accidents happen.  Is there a way we can recover those deleted accounts?  Maybe restore a previous backup of the forum?

Moose

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 05:44:06 PM »
Don't know, but if we did we would likely also restore the several thousand spam members that I also deleted. The deletion was names that began with A

Joe Kundlak

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 03:25:52 AM »
I am still here, so all is fine. Not starting with "A" though, so there you go  8)