Author Topic: YMG publication along the lines of Captain's Log for Star Fleet Battles  (Read 6967 times)

RushAss

• Administrator
  • Eat your beets - Recycle!
    • My Facebook.  Where you can see my, uh... face.
Re: YMG publication along the lines of Captain's Log for Star Fleet Battles
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2011, 04:37:10 PM »
yeah, monthly is truly too ambitious.  Once ever 3-4 months sounds more reasonable. 
"Art as expression, not as market campaigns
Will still capture our imaginations"
-Rush, Natural Science

gull2112

• Administrator
  • From the RUSH faction
    • Meditations on Brain Injury
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2011, 06:28:40 PM »
Just today I was thinking about starting a feature on my web page called Battleground Clinic, where I would take a point and expand upon it for everyone and especially for newbies, plus it would generate interest because people would get a window into the depth of the game. My first idea was to outline the three components of a BG game a) building an army b) setup and order writing c) fighting the battle. Of course, my role would simply be as moderator and I would parse together strategy discussion from actual experts. I would certainly be happy to do this here in our forum with its wider audience.

Another clinic could walk people through the math and probabilities inherent in the game. Simple questions like "spears on hold or charging?" "+1 attack die or plus one skill or +1 strength." These questions are very basic, but it helps to see it written out.

Points to consider when deciding on getting a card or using a faction ability.

And so on.
"Rules are only as good as the book they're bound in."
http://gullsbattleground.blogspot.com/

Hannibal

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2011, 04:10:46 PM »

Other ideas?

What about fan factions?  People could work with a game designer to get points for the units and as long as they got play tested by the person submitting it (say minimum X games), it could go out.  Would be a good way to gauge interest on a faction and gain free play testing.  We've had a fan faction become an official one already...

And this has nothing to do with the historical mercs faction that, despite my best sell, I know you're gonna veto.  Nothing at all...  ;D