Author Topic: DIY Unit Graphics  (Read 26537 times)

leemie

• my fan made stuff
Re: DIY Unit Graphics
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2011, 03:49:52 PM »
I submitted the file at boardgamegeek.

Joe Kundlak

« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2015, 01:30:10 PM »
Sorry for necroing this thread - did this go anywhere further? Because a card template could easily be done in Inkscape (a vector drawing program), so that the user only imports an image, tweaks the numbers and shuffles the damage boxes around and...

leemie

• my fan made stuff
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2015, 05:10:21 PM »
No further than https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/69683/template-paintnet - not super user friendly

Joe Kundlak

« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2015, 05:20:48 AM »
I whipped up an Inkscape template today.

The font used is standard Times New Roman, as I cannot use the original one on this computer (but will be able to change that at home).

BubblePig

« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2015, 11:15:22 AM »
Sorry for necroing this thread - did this go anywhere further? Because a card template could easily be done in Inkscape (a vector drawing program), so that the user only imports an image, tweaks the numbers and shuffles the damage boxes around and...
Some threads deserve to be necro-ed. Leemie's homebrew cards are the standard against which I measure my own humble efforts along those lines. I have dabbled here and there at making cards for my own custom faction, but with nothing more than the "free" version of Paint that came with my operating system. It is quite time consuming to do that way, and for me one of the most time consuming things is making the top-down image on the unit cards.

BubblePig

« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2016, 12:54:28 PM »

Torrg

« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2016, 09:50:27 PM »
wow, these look really nicely done.
An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
Robert A. Heinlein

BubblePig

« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2016, 02:13:53 PM »
I added these links to the useful links page that you can access from the link in my sig.
DIY card graphics links
colorizer

gradient tool

generic ccs by leemie

unit template by joeyeti

I was wondering what types of counters people typically (or even not so typically) used in their BG sessions. I made a counter sheet a while ago but I think it could use some updating:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 02:20:01 PM by BubblePig »

NegativeZer0

« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2016, 06:28:02 PM »
So can someone please explain how I'm supposed to edit the inkscape template?

It doesn't appear to have any layers or anything just seem to be a single flattened image.
Quote from: Chad_YMG
Cards are definitely good to have, but I like punching my opponent in the face, too!

Joe Kundlak

« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2016, 04:02:08 AM »
So can someone please explain how I'm supposed to edit the inkscape template?

It doesn't appear to have any layers or anything just seem to be a single flattened image.
Which program are you using for editing?
Do not remember right away if I used layers or not - for such a simple layout I mean. I did not purse it further so far, so it might just be a proof of concept.

NegativeZer0

« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2016, 07:30:29 PM »
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 09:18:14 AM by NegativeZer0 »
Cards are definitely good to have, but I like punching my opponent in the face, too!

BubblePig

« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2016, 07:59:06 PM »
Very nice. I am jealous of your topdowns. Can't find a topdown formless horror to save my life.
The faction ability box maybe could use a bit of tweaking, that is the only thing I would change.

NegativeZer0

« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2016, 08:15:28 PM »
Find a Moba with a unit that looks anything even remotely close to what you want. install, get hero, take picture

BubblePig

« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2016, 09:48:42 PM »
I hear you. That could definitely work for Dexcon but long term I would like something I could have the rights to, or that is creative commons license. Also Formless Horror type heroes might be a bit thin on the ground. Maybe a Lovecraft or Moorcock based Moba would have one as an enemy combatant or something.

Edit: downloading deadbreed(R) (free on steam) and the eula seems to imply that screencaps are ok for nfp personal use
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 10:23:14 PM by BubblePig »