Author Topic: New Faction for Community Development: Amazons!  (Read 21227 times)

Hannibal

• Administrator
Re: New Faction for Community Development: Amazons!
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2011, 11:05:58 PM »
Fight On!

Amazons will continue to fight, even when mortally wounded, until their foe is vanquished.

Spend 1 command action to mark all 3 boxes on the unit that is not currently in the red.   All wounds that the Amazon unit takes do not damage the amazon unit, but instead remove the checks from the boxes.

If the last box is ever unmarked, the amazon unit immediately takes 3 damage; this damage can cause rout checks.

At the end of your turn, if the unit has 1 or 2 boxes marked and the unit is unengaged, remark all boxes and do one damage to the unit for each box remarked.  This damage does not cause rout checks.  

I'll reiterate that I think that this is a terrible faction ability but a great card.  The pre-marking, then erasing, then re-marking all the boxes just seems . . . inelegant.  Clunky.  Wonky.

But when you can do it with cards dropped, it becomes no more complex than Roll with the Blow.  Which admittedly is the most confusing card in the deck (even more confusing than Cry Havoc), but it still is workable.

Hannibal

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2011, 11:09:21 PM »
I don't do beer,

Heh.  That explains a lot.

I didn't call your ideas worthless, just the ability itself--there's a distinction.

An ability . . . which was my idea.   ;)

I mean, I've done government contracting, but that my friend is some hair-splitting that even I couldn't do.  And yeah, it was a pathetic, worthless idea.  And I'm gonna have 90 more worthless ideas.  They're meat-shields for my 10 good ones.

Hair Shirt:  play on an opponent unit.  For the rest of the game your opponent must discard a command card in order to play a command cart while this unit is attacking or defending, and must spend two command actions in order to use the faction ability on this unit.

:P

You come out to Kublacon some year, and I'll let you include that card in whatever faction deck you play. 

BTW, to all the readers, this is what Alexander vs Persia was.  Only less civil.  Poor Zinos had to be traffic cop with all of it, too.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 11:11:11 PM by Hannibal »

ZiNOS

« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2011, 07:58:37 AM »
BTW, to all the readers, this is what Alexander vs Persia was.  Only less civil.  Poor Zinos had to be traffic cop with all of it, too.

lol. Thanx Corey.

I wanted to make a comment like this some days before but i just felt that you had more to give :P

Keep up the good work here. I think though that we should make a separate forum space for the Amazons and have threads in it for units, abilities, cards, files etc.

In a huge thread like that, a lot get lost.

BTW i really like Corey's flavour. Sorry Chad but i never grew into liking your M&M flavour.
DON'T PANIC <-------In Large Friendly Letters

Chad_YMG

• Administrator
    • Your Move Games
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2011, 12:10:04 PM »
I think though that we should make a separate forum space for the Amazons and have threads in it for units, abilities, cards, files etc.

I think you're absolutely right.  On it!
David Humphrey está todavía en la Colina 217.
      - From Spanish translation of Hill 218 rules

BubblePig

« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2011, 10:26:34 PM »
How is 'Fight On' fundamentally more wonky than, oh, say Blade Dancers for example?
Love Blade Dancers BTW  ;)

BubblePig

« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2014, 07:56:09 PM »
Amazon Development folder has been moved here