Author Topic: Online Version Bugs  (Read 6844 times)

ZiNOS

• Administrator
Online Version Bugs
« on: October 30, 2007, 01:55:12 PM »
It seemed always weird to me that when the AI base is empty, he almost always plays a Paratrooper. elsewhere. Anyway, this is just an AI thing but i am still not sure that the AI "understands" that the next card (not a para) must be played on his base.

Back to topic, last game AI has a special forces left in his hand, his base is empty from my last attack, he cannot kill any of my units by placing his Special forces on his base and then the AI justs goes on thinking for ever (the program didn't crash) and ever and ever..... :)
DON'T PANIC <-------In Large Friendly Letters

Chad_YMG

• Administrator
    • Your Move Games
Re: Online Version Bugs
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 10:16:44 AM »
Interesting.  I haven't noticed either of those bugs, but have noticed a few others.  It might be easiest to keep a bug report thread here; I'll check with Andrew to see what he prefers.
David Humphrey está todavía en la Colina 217.
      - From Spanish translation of Hill 218 rules

andrewgr

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 12:10:42 PM »
Bug reports here are fine.

Chad_YMG

• Administrator
    • Your Move Games
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 10:41:32 PM »
According to Darwin, if you tie (i.e. no one takes a base and you have the same number of units in play) the computer says that you lose.   :o

andrewgr

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 11:02:13 PM »
Well, that certainly didn't use to be the case-- I have received the message telling me I've tied many times in the past.  Unfortunately, it's time consuming to force a tie, so it's a pain to test.  But I'll look into it.

vekkna

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 07:04:07 PM »
When the computer could destroy my home base with artillery and then win by capturing it, instead it destroys another card and continues to fight a war of attrition.

gull2112

• Administrator
  • From the RUSH faction
    • Meditations on Brain Injury
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 07:56:58 PM »
I too have tied only to be told that I lost, but it is only a machine and I'm not playing for money, so I don't care. ;)

I have also played where the only play left for the computer will result in a win for me and the computer just  does nothing, apparently refusing to play a game losing move and thereby forcing a draw. Again, it is just a machine and considering what the program cost me I know I at least got my money's worth! ;D
"Rules are only as good as the book they're bound in."
http://gullsbattleground.blogspot.com/

Chad_YMG

• Administrator
    • Your Move Games
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2008, 09:38:18 AM »
Interesting...that's never happened to me, and I've played against the computer quite a few times!