Author Topic: Special place for rules Errata, Addenda, and Clarifications  (Read 11163 times)

Dave-SWA

• The Schenectady Wargamers Association
    • The Schenectady Wargamers Association
Re: Special place for rules Errata, Addenda, and Clarifications
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2011, 09:43:23 PM »
I have updated the errata document with all the latest revisions. 
You can download it here (331 Kb PDF file):

http://www.swa-gaming.org/files/battleground/BFWMasterErrata-Apr30Tourney.pdf

-DC
Schenectady Wargamers Association
An Adventure Gaming club serving the Capital District of upstate New York for over 40 years.
Council of Five Nations (Sept 29 - Oct 1, 2017) - this is our 40th, the Ruby Anniversary.  It will be extra special this year!
www.swa-gaming.org

Kevin

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2011, 01:05:20 PM »
I don't know how to move this thread, but I just made it sticky!  Also, I'm cleaning this thread of messages not related to the topic, so all those "Thanks, Dave!" messages have gone poof.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 11:41:11 AM by Kevin »
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Winston Churchill

Hannibal

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2011, 04:27:28 PM »
Any chance of having this updated to include the current pila/javelin, archery, table edge, & colossal unit consensus?  This is a nice document and I'd love to use it for Kublacon?

Maybe you could send it to me in doc format so I can edit out the stuff for your tournament?

Kevin

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2011, 04:34:55 PM »
None of the above had received the official sign-off from Chad as of this moment.  Hopefully he'll sign off on them sometime soon!
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Winston Churchill

Hannibal

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2011, 04:36:54 PM »
Neither had the DE changes to m knowledge and they're in there.

Kevin

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2011, 07:21:06 PM »
I've uploaded a document with all the latest rule changes, which have all been approved and will become official in the next edition of the rules.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1K96P5uSvfX3KDDnEuJmyw4IP1Tlv0i-rpsdvoyhrBR0/edit?hl=en_US

(Document created and current as of July 15, 2011.)

gull2112

• Administrator
  • From the RUSH faction
    • Meditations on Brain Injury
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2011, 07:59:27 PM »
Excellent Kevin. This looks great and will really help folks like myself who get lost amongst the discussions. Can I assume these rules will be in effect for any tourney you are running? This would be good to know for two reasons. Firstly, in order to playtest them, although most have been vetted already, and secondly, I could start using these to familiarize myself with them before there's money at stake (after all, the kids are depending on me ;)).
"Rules are only as good as the book they're bound in."
http://gullsbattleground.blogspot.com/

RushAss

• Administrator
  • Eat your beets - Recycle!
    • My Facebook.  Where you can see my, uh... face.
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2011, 08:17:54 PM »
Great Kev!

Just 2 things:

1) No mention of any progress with the backup rule.  Are we reverting that to the 2.4 version where at least 1/2 of the facing side of the backing unit must be touching the unit that it is backing up?

2) Flying units are considered to have high ground in comparison to units on the ground.  All fair and good.  I just think it needs to be pointed out that the high ground bonus will now only benefit the fliers by extending the range bands since the +1/+0 modifier is (justifiably) gone.
"I have memory and awareness - But I have no shape or form
As a disembodied spirit I am dead and yet unborn
I have passed into Olympus as was told in tales of old
To the city of Immortals, marble white, and purest gold"
-Rush, Hemispheres

Kevin

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2011, 08:46:53 PM »
1) No mention of any progress with the backup rule.  Are we reverting that to the 2.4 version where at least 1/2 of the facing side of the backing unit must be touching the unit that it is backing up?

The document which is up is only for rule changes which have received the Official Stamp from Chad.  In the Rules thread there are some rules which have a virtual consensus among players, but which have not at this point received the Official Stamp; those rules are not on the document.

There's been a bunch of back-and-forth about the backup rule, but at the moment there does not appear to be even a strong majority in favor of any one change, never mind an Official Stamp.  Hence, it's not on the document.

2) Flying units are considered to have high ground in comparison to units on the ground.  All fair and good.  I just think it needs to be pointed out that the high ground bonus will now only benefit the fliers by extending the range bands since the +1/+0 modifier is (justifiably) gone.

OK, I just inserted a little reminder the High Ground rule number.  If every rule contained a reminder of the full text of every other rule which was applicable the rulebook would triple in size.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 12:15:11 PM by Kevin »

gull2112

• Administrator
  • From the RUSH faction
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2011, 08:54:07 PM »

There's been a bunch of back-and-forth about the backup rule,

If every rule contained a reminder of the text every other rule which was applicable the rulebook would triple in size.

Back-and-forth about the backup rule! :D

Your point is essentially correct, if hyperbolized, but there is room for a few such additions, and they will make the rules a whole lot better.

Kevin

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2011, 12:26:10 AM »
Can I assume these rules will be in effect for any tourney you are running?

Yes.  

Of course, I'm hoping that Alexander & Persia gets released before then, so folks will have the new rulebook in which these will have been seamlessly incorporated.

And yeah, you may as well use these if you're up for it, as they'll be official soon enough.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 12:40:35 AM by Kevin »

elgin_j

• Playtester
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2011, 11:53:14 AM »
This was massively appreciated (by moi) by the way.  I used it in a solo game today and it was bloody great.
toodle pip

Kevin

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2011, 11:27:20 AM »
Five new rule changes were approved yesterday.  The new changes have been incorporated into the document visible at

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1K96P5uSvfX3KDDnEuJmyw4IP1Tlv0i-rpsdvoyhrBR0/edit?hl=en_US

The 5 new things, with their short versions:

- 1.1.3  The Ranged Order (Units with this order (or L or S) may, at owner's choice, stop moving when they hit range, or move their full MC that turn.)

- 1.2.3.1  The "m+s" speed modifier  (Units may move at top Move & Shoot speed if doing so gives them a shot; otherwise they move top speed.)

- 3.0.1 Combat phase order (sub-phases)  (Forces combat-phase non-attack spells (such as healing) to happen first.)

- 3.2.2.6 Green Command Card Effects  (Can't double-play green cards on units unless the effects are instantaneous)

- 7.4 Javelin Rule (expanded)  (Non-cavalry non-skirmisher units on Close which throw javelins don't get to throw again unless one of several circumstances happen.)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 10:47:48 PM by Kevin »

elgin_j

• Playtester
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2011, 11:58:03 AM »
Cheers.
toodle pip

gull2112

• Administrator
  • From the RUSH faction
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2011, 07:05:21 PM »
Kevin, though I challenge you at every opportunity, I appreciate the work you are doing and the results we are all getting from this.

Thanks, bro!