Author Topic: First Impressions  (Read 3232 times)

ZiNOS

• Administrator
First Impressions
« on: May 12, 2007, 07:03:03 AM »
Let's see....

I hope these are not the final cards but just mock ups (as the file name suggests). If tha actual product has different artwork for the two armies, this will add more flavor.

We played 8 games yesterady ( i lost 7-1, maybe i don't get this game :) ) and i can say that the ame is ok, a little too abstract for my tastes. My opponents comments were that it seems to be very random (this comment was made after two games) and later he stated that maybe 5 heavy weapons is a bit too much. However, since i know your MtG background, i believe that a lot of playtesting resulted in these decks.

I really liked the interaction between the cards but i would really like a one of a kind card, maybe a paratrooper with different attack or something.

And i will surely like the mock ups to fit inside standard MtG cards (maybe the European paper sizes botched the final product....:) :).

Finally, state somewhere in the rulebook that a unit tha is not supplied, still provides support. State this in the support section of the rulebook and in the suply section.

Thnx for the playtest materials. I hope we will play some more today (or BGFW :) ).

Cheers from Greece.
DON'T PANIC <-------In Large Friendly Letters

Chad_YMG

• Administrator
    • Your Move Games
Re: First Impressions
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 12:31:10 PM »
Let's see....

I hope these are not the final cards but just mock ups (as the file name suggests). If tha actual product has different artwork for the two armies, this will add more flavor.

Our plan is to use exactly the art you saw, with a change to the colors at the top to have more contrast.  It might seem odd that we're using the same art for both sides when we're using free art, but it was really difficult to get good shots for just one side!  If enough testers share your reaction, though, we may have to start searching again.

We played 8 games yesterady ( i lost 7-1, maybe i don't get this game :) ) and i can say that the ame is ok, a little too abstract for my tastes. My opponents comments were that it seems to be very random (this comment was made after two games) and later he stated that maybe 5 heavy weapons is a bit too much. However, since i know your MtG background, i believe that a lot of playtesting resulted in these decks.

There was, but that doesn't mean we can't have gotten it wrong.  :)

I really liked the interaction between the cards but i would really like a one of a kind card, maybe a paratrooper with different attack or something.

Interesting...

And i will surely like the mock ups to fit inside standard MtG cards (maybe the European paper sizes botched the final product....:) :).

They will...they'll be standard sized cards.

Finally, state somewhere in the rulebook that a unit tha is not supplied, still provides support. State this in the support section of the rulebook and in the suply section.

Sounds good.  That's definitely an area that some people have been confused about when we've taught the game.

Thanks for the feedback...looking forward to second, third or however many thoughts you want to share!

Best,
Chad
David Humphrey está todavía en la Colina 217.
      - From Spanish translation of Hill 218 rules