Author Topic: Total Confusion 25, Feb 24-27, 2011 - Mansfield MA (near Boston)  (Read 24511 times)

Dave-SWA

• The Schenectady Wargamers Association
    • The Schenectady Wargamers Association
Total Confusion 25, Feb 24-27, 2011 - Mansfield MA (near Boston)
« on: November 12, 2010, 11:24:31 PM »
TotalCon is coming in a few months.  You can get lots of info now at their web site:

http://www.TotalCon.com

I've already made my hotel reservation. 
Kevin B-S will not dominate the tournament scene for ~yet another~ game in the Northeast!

Schenectady Wargamers Association
An Adventure Gaming club serving the Capital District of upstate New York for over 40 years.
Council of Five Nations (Sept 29 - Oct 1, 2017) - this is our 40th, the Ruby Anniversary.  It will be extra special this year!
www.swa-gaming.org

Kevin

• Playtester
Re: Total Confusion 25, Feb 24-27, 2011 - Mansfield MA (near Boston)
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 12:34:36 PM »
Perhaps not, but one of my apprentices will!   ;D

See you all there!
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Winston Churchill

gull2112

• Administrator
  • From the RUSH faction
    • Meditations on Brain Injury
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 06:11:39 PM »
I'm really gonna try and make it this year (next year? :P 2011). I gotta line up some ducks first.
"Rules are only as good as the book they're bound in."
http://gullsbattleground.blogspot.com/

Niko White

• Celestial Guard
  • Administrator
  • A tíro nin, Fanuilos!
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 07:58:28 PM »

I'll be there, to the shock of all.

gull2112

• Administrator
  • From the RUSH faction
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 08:20:20 PM »
Things are looking up and it seems I will be in attendance. I am interested in a ride from the airport to the convention. I don't know the area or the distances involved. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Niko White

• Celestial Guard
  • Administrator
  • A tíro nin, Fanuilos!
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2010, 12:52:29 AM »
Things are looking up and it seems I will be in attendance. I am interested in a ride from the airport to the convention. I don't know the area or the distances involved. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

IIRC train is a technical possibility, but yeah, a ride would serve you much better.  Unfortunately I'm carless so need to figure out my own transit - I'll let you know if it ends up being sharable.

gull2112

• Administrator
  • From the RUSH faction
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2010, 03:08:04 PM »
I googled it and a taxi from Logan is estimated at $110. So maybe we could split a taxi, or for $50 bucks somebody would be willing to make the drive (be our coach bitch  ::)).

Kevin

• Playtester
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2010, 09:34:26 AM »
I live in Boston, and will be commuting there, but will only be going on Saturday (unless the Battleground tournament is happening Sunday).  Friday I have to work (and I teach college so can't weasel out of work), and by the time I got to the con it would be too late.

Anyway, if that's your least bad option, both of you are welcome to ride with me.  And I could pick you up at the airport if it fits our schedules.  Niko, if you need a ride let me know where you are; depending on how much stuff you have to lug I might ask you to meet me at my place (I'm in Allston/Brighton, by the Warren St. stop on the B line).

By the way, what day or days is the tournament(s) happening?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 09:47:55 AM by Kevin »
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Winston Churchill

Kevin

• Playtester
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2010, 09:43:16 AM »
If riding with me doesn't fit your schedule and you're looking for a less ridiculously expensive way to get to the convention, there's a commuter train which goes to Mansfield.  From the airport, you take the Silver Line (a bus which picks up at the terminals) to South Station, then board a commuter train to Mansfield.  The convention center is too far to walk from the train stop, but the cab ride will probably be a bit under $10 (and the train ride somewhere around $6, give-or-take).

You can see the train schedule at

http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/rail/lines/?route=PROVSTOU

gull2112

• Administrator
  • From the RUSH faction
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2010, 12:23:47 PM »
Thanks Kevin, that looks like the way I'll go then. There is a slight chance that an old friend who teaches web design at Harvard might be able to give me a lift, but failing that, the bus/train option sounds good.

I just checked and apparently you can't get from logan to mansfield in february 2011 by MBTA. :P

Niko White

• Celestial Guard
  • Administrator
  • A tíro nin, Fanuilos!
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2010, 02:31:36 PM »
Thanks Kevin, that looks like the way I'll go then. There is a slight chance that an old friend who teaches web design at Harvard might be able to give me a lift, but failing that, the bus/train option sounds good.

I just checked and apparently you can't get from logan to mansfield in february 2011 by MBTA. :P

You should be able to, there's a commuter rail I think.  It could be they were just looking at the subway, which doesn't go out that far.  I got there by commuter rail once, it is a bit of a pain but uh, less than $110! :P  It won't take you quite to the location but I think there's a courtesy shuttle.

gull2112

• Administrator
  • From the RUSH faction
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2010, 06:31:03 PM »
Just wondering, before I commit, who is all going to be there? Maybe I should wait and do a different con, any input?

BTW - I re-read your instructions Kevin, and caught the "bus to South station" part, and that looks to work very well. Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 08:36:43 PM by gull2112 »

Kevin

• Playtester
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2010, 11:55:08 PM »
I'll be there, as will Ron and Jaime.  That'll get you a good workout if nothing else.  Dave (above) said he'll be there.  I know that Niko has been running an enormous Kingdoms campaign at the store in Cambridge; hopefully he can get some of them.  I'm pretty sure that Marcus and the other NJ guys will come, but not sure--would help if they chimed in.

gull2112

• Administrator
  • From the RUSH faction
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2010, 10:08:50 AM »
Well, that's good enough for me! I'd like to meet the Jersey boys, but as long as there are some folks from this forum there it'll be good. I can only make one foray out east to meet folks and do the Battleground thing and I just didn't want it to be a wash. Of course Niko will be there, so there is that, but I would probably see him at any con I might make out that way. Another plus for Total con is its timing, being in the construction industry makes February a good time to go.

gornhorror

• Playtester
  • Goony goo-goo!
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2011, 03:36:37 PM »
We'll have to see how things go.  For right now, it's not looking good for the Jersey Boys to make it this year.  :-\ 
Where's this shade, that you got it made?