Author Topic: Latest version of rules  (Read 3857 times)

Chlor

Latest version of rules
« on: December 22, 2011, 09:43:09 AM »
Hi, I'm new here, so pardon me if I'm being idiotic or blind, but where can I find the latest version of the rules? I can't find them on BGG or on the main YMG website.

Thanks!

Kevin

Re: Latest version of rules
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 10:01:00 AM »
Welcome, Chlor!

A direct link is at http://www.yourmovegames.com/userfiles/file/3_5x5%20Battleground%20Rulebook%20Dark%20Elves.pdf

Or go to
http://www.yourmovegames.com/rules_faq.html

And hit the button which reads "Rules and FAQ" (just under the picture of the Dark Elf). 

It took my computer about a minute to download the rulebook, so be patient.
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Winston Churchill

Chlor

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 10:45:22 AM »
Sorry for the trouble, thanks!

Hope to be able to post up a session report soon  :)

Chlor

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 11:34:16 AM »
I probably shouldn't be asking here but it isn't worth creating a new thread so:

Do units making normal free attacks (i.e. after the enemy has turned around and is preparing to rout) get the (+0) +1/+1 bonus for Rear Attacking?

Kevin

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 11:41:56 AM »
Yes.    With the caveat that if you're pinching a unit on its front & flank and it routs, you get free attacks on its rear & flank.
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Winston Churchill

gull2112

• From the RUSH faction
    • Meditations on Brain Injury
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 03:24:59 PM »
Welcome Chlor! I for one, will be very excited to see your session report. And don't worry that you might be doing something wrong with your interpretation of the rules. We always like to get a fresh pair of eyes looking at the rules for the first time so we can guage whether or not they make sense to new players. Plus, its always cool to see how someone else plays the game tactically.
"Rules are only as good as the book they're bound in."
http://gullsbattleground.blogspot.com/

Chlor

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 11:37:33 PM »
Another question: from the old version of the rules it says that the maximum move modifier is erased once a unit becomes engaged. But this doesn't seem to be in v3.0 of the rules.

I was thinking of making Umenzi move at 1.25" all the way until they were engaged. Then if they manage to kill any units, they get to rush into a pinch at their normal speed. Is this allowed?

Kevin

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 08:30:52 AM »
That's an excellent question, and not one I can answer.  I just posted on the Rules thread as to whether that removal was deliberate or accidental. 

(If it were me, I'd temporarily "home rule" that the move cap goes away, as I liked that rule.)

Remember, of course, that even if your opponent rejects the "home rule," all you have to do is spend the Command Action to change the unit's orders before it pinches the opponent.  And a single Command Action is a small price to pay for pinching an enemy unit into oblivion.

------------

By the way, I suggest you post future rules questions in the "Rules" thread, so that other players can benefit from them.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 08:58:01 AM by Kevin »

Kevin

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 09:17:37 PM »
My suspicions were just confirmed:  the move cap IS removed automatically when a unit becomes engaged (or unengaged after being engaged).  It was omitted from the 3.0 rules by accident, and will be back in the next ruleset.