Author Topic: Scenarios and Unit availability  (Read 3055 times)

Karasu

• Playtester
Scenarios and Unit availability
« on: October 16, 2009, 05:42:57 PM »
I just got the Basic and Reinforcements earlier this week and thought I'd try out one of the nice interesting-looking scenarios in the booklet.  The Cavalry engagement looked quite interesting, so I started getting ready.

Then I found I only had 5 Spanish Cavalry and the Scenario called for 6.  So I thought, "That's a pain, mispack."  So I have now checked the online contents and found that there was in fact no mispack: there aren't enough copies of Spanish Cavalry in a Basic set + Reinforcement set to do the scenario.

Can I suggest that this is avoided in the future?

Hamilcar

• Playtester
Re: Scenarios and Unit availability
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 06:15:06 PM »
Thanks for the warning - was planning to do that scenario this weekend!
Note:  Proxy.  One will die soon enough then replace it ;-)

ajax98

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 10:14:58 PM »
Proxy - that is what photocopiers & printers were made for, eh? That & prototypes.

Karasu

• Playtester
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 04:02:57 AM »
Proxying with a copier is fine if you are able to prepare in advance.  I just thought it would be useful that in any future box sets with units and scenarios, there ought to be enough units to play each scenario, assuming we're not talking something bizarre like 20 units of hordes.

timpollard

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 06:34:06 PM »
Yep, that threw me tonight too - I was counting and rechecking both decks to see if I'd lost/wrongly replaced one of the cavalry. (That and wondering if the Romans really had two Carthaginian units as well).

Chad_YMG

• Administrator
    • Your Move Games
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 11:12:21 AM »
This came up on another thread as well.  It's a mistake on my part, pure and simple, and we will try to avoid it in the future.

With all the past sets there haven't been dedicated scenarios, so we've concentrated on thinking about legal 3,000 point armies that make sense as the main driver for unit numbers.  That's what we did here and it didn't occur to me (or to anyone else) that some of our scenarios might be a problem.
David Humphrey está todavía en la Colina 217.
      - From Spanish translation of Hill 218 rules