Author Topic: Flanking + Pinching?  (Read 123 times)

Kaiju Manifold

Flanking + Pinching?
« on: August 18, 2021, 11:12:48 AM »
Hey everyone!

I am new to the game, having gone all in on the last Kickstarter and have been learning the rules by playing battles against myself using the sample armies in each faction deck.

I am unclear on whether the Flanking and Pinching attack bonuses are cumulative. That is, if I am pinching a unit does my unit on the defender's flank get both the Flanking bonus and the Pinching bonus? I have been playing that the Pinching bonus supersedes the Flanking bonus, but I am now unsure if that is just an assumption on my part.

Thanks!

Hannibal

• Administrator
Re: Flanking + Pinching?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2021, 12:54:20 PM »
Hi there!

All modifiers are cumulative.  So in this case, the flanking unit would be Flanking and Pinching.

And in fact Pinching can be cumulative!  If two units are pinching, each units gets (+0)+1/+1.  For every extra unit (on a new side), all units get an extra (+0)+1/+1!

So if Unit A is on the left flank, Unit B is on the front, and Unit C is on the right flank, all three of them get (+0)+2/+2 for pinching.

Then Unit A and Unit C would get the bonus for Flanking, so they'd get (+0)+3/+2.

Kaiju Manifold

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2021, 06:20:48 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply!

I guess getting pinched is even more devastating than I thought, and I already thought it was pretty darn bad!

Hannibal

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2021, 06:32:28 PM »
Yes, yes, yes it is really bad.

Honestly, I forget that pinch bonuses stack half the time.  Usually one pinch is enough to kill just about any unit.