Author Topic: Power of these forums versus Yahoo groups  (Read 7647 times)

Java

Power of these forums versus Yahoo groups
« on: April 30, 2007, 09:48:51 AM »
   Do not get me wrong the Yahoo formums are great but to answer 90% of the rules question diagrams do tell a thousand words. Now the question is: whats the best way to do this ? Some of the following threads Im going to attempt to add some images to the forums.If any body else wishes to expain the procedure Im all ears.

Thx in adavance
    Java

Java

Re: Power of these forums versus Yahoo groups
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 10:19:09 AM »

The above image was downloaded to photobucket(free service btw) and posted the link  here ... Next step look for a drawing program that can display battle situations etc.

Java
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 10:31:59 AM by Java »

Java

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 03:37:00 PM »

This was done with turbo cad  .. very awkward to use .. but I think should work in a pinch
Text seems a bit fuzzy .. may try another file formate

Barronmore

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 04:31:44 PM »
Any photoediting software should do the trick.  If you don't have photoshop or any of the pay suites there are a few free alternitives.

The OpenSource community has GIMP (http://www.gimp.net/) and it would work pretty well for it.  Best part is that it's cross platform so you can use it on WIN/MAC/LINUX without any problems.  The one drawback is the unconventional interface.  If your used to Photoshop, GIMP may not be for you.

You can aslo get the free upgrade to MS paint called Paint.net (http://www.getpaint.net/index2.html).  It's user interface is much more friendly then GIMP and more traditional too.  But it's MS, so it's only for Windows (and you have to have .net installed too).

Java

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 06:50:06 AM »

This diagram is done in power point ... much simplier interface imo  Save as gif

Java

Java

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 08:21:24 AM »

Same image but reduced in size by 50% using window's paint

Java

andrewgr

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 04:34:50 PM »
With the availablilty of cheap digital cameras, I wonder if it might not be easier to take a picture of the cards and then add any text you need using standard photo editing software?  I'm trying to envision what I would do if I wanted to ask a visual question, and I think it might just be easiest for me to do it that way-- set the cards up exactly as I want, take a photo, transfer it to my computer, and then upload it using the "insert image" button.

Not trying to minimize the value of the work you're doing, just trying to figure out what the easiest/best solution is.

Java

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007, 11:43:57 PM »
With the availablilty of cheap digital cameras, I wonder if it might not be easier to take a picture of the cards and then add any text you need using standard photo editing software?  I'm trying to envision what I would do if I wanted to ask a visual question, and I think it might just be easiest for me to do it that way-- set the cards up exactly as I want, take a photo, transfer it to my computer, and then upload it using the "insert image" button.

Not trying to minimize the value of the work you're doing, just trying to figure out what the easiest/best solution is.

Camera maybe the ticket alright. However you still need to post your picture on a web site such as Photobucket.com . To do this you need do the following.

Register an account with Photobucket.com

Click browse button (after you have logged into Photobucket.com )and locate file on your computer that you wish to upload to Photobucket.

Click the upload button

After upload has been completed at the bottom of the page click on the destination path that Photobucket.com has associated with that file and copy and paste  that text into a forum message.
The text that will be coppied into the message should look simuliar to this

(IMG)http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w164/wert768/Drawing5.jpg(/IMG)

note: I've alterd the [ ]to () so that a picture would not be displayed.

As far as effort in creating those example diagrams  it took very little effort at all. I hope to have a rules question using a diagram out soon.

Java

andrewgr

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2007, 11:53:40 PM »
Okay, here's a test of inserting a phot.