Author Topic: Upcoming reprint schedule estimate?  (Read 221 times)

wmarshal

Upcoming reprint schedule estimate?
« on: July 03, 2021, 01:25:02 PM »
From reading some comments on the last Kickstarter it seems that reprints of Dwarves, Orcs and Undead are planned next. Would that be a single Kickstarter for all 3? Do you think that a Kickstarter for those factions will begin this year?

I hope you are able to do multiple factions at a time going forward, otherwise it may be a decade before they’re all reprinted. I already have all the factions, but I’m enjoying the new artwork and tweaks to the factions, and since they’re inexpensive compared to my other hobbies I don’t mind getting in on the reprints.

If you went with the batch approach you could do themed batches:
1. Elves: High, Wood and Dark
2. Historical: 2nd Punic and Alexander vs. Persia (Maybe break them up into their 4 factions)
3. More Fantasy Human: Umenzi and Wuxing (I would like to see a Nordic themed human faction)
4. Kitchen Sink: Lizardmen, Monsters and Mercenaries, Kingdoms, etc.

Anyway, I just got my copy of the Lords of Vlachold, my gaming group is just now starting to meet in person again, and I guess I’m eager to see the rest of the factions get reprinted.

Hannibal

• Administrator
Re: Upcoming reprint schedule estimate?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2021, 02:33:16 PM »
That's pretty close to what we're thinking.  Reprint all the Elves together, then do a mix of old & new.  For example:

Monsters & Mercs, Constructs & Corsairs, and fantasy vikings.

Umenzi, Wuxing, and fantasy samurai.

Rome, Carthage, Alexander, Persia, & Greek Mercenaries.

wmarshal

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 07:35:02 PM »
Glad to hear that as I honestly hope to see an faster reprint schedule.

I also think I count 4 new factions in what you’ve listed. Do you have any more information about them? The fantasy Vikings and fantasy samurai factions seem mostly self explanatory though I’m eager to see what fantasy elements get added to them. I’d guess that Contructs & Corsairs is a mercenary expansion. For the Greek Mercenaries are you going to have Thracians and Spartans in there? Would Argonauts be too mythical for what is otherwise a historical line?

wmarshal

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2021, 07:45:00 AM »
I just found a thread from a couple of years ago where some of the same topics regarding new factions were discussed by you and me, but I had forgotten about it. I guess I’m impatient.