Author Topic: Battleground Event(s) at Council of 5 Nations September 20-22 in Schenectady NY  (Read 530 times)

RushAss

• Administrator
  • Eat your beets - Recycle!
    • My Facebook.  Where you can see my, uh... face.
Hi folks!  I'm finishing up on my Summer moving activities and I'm ready to start planing for the next Battleground event at Council of 5 Nations this year.

UPDATE - here are the events.  NOTE - I submitted my events one day late this year due to the convention being 2 weeks earlier than it normally is.  The powers that be where adamant about that date so the Battleground events will not be appearing in the listed events for the convention.  However, I did speak with the event organizers and these event ARE happening.  They are simply not going to be in the events list.  Unless something changes, the Battleground events will occur upstairs in the Star Fleet Battles Suite.  It's the coolest location in the convention anyways, so we're all good!

Friday night event - Battleground: Fantasy & Historical Warfare Giant Rumble: Illusionist's Game
This is a giant game featuring up to 3 players per side (up to 6 total players) for maximum carnage.  In a true twist, the Master Illusionist has orchestrated a battle between 2 alliances that will meet upon the battleground of his choice for his amusement.  This battlefield is littered with terrain, but not all of it is real!  Join your allies to face down your foes in a place where all is not what it seems!

Saturday Event - Battleground: Fantasy & Historical Warfare Mercenary Madness Tournament
This will be a 2 day event starting Saturday morning and running til Sunday Afternoon.  Each player selects their faction that they will play for the duration of the event.  Saturday will be round robin pairings with Sunday being a playoff of the best 4 records.

The twist is that players will be able to include units from the Monsters & Mercenaries (M&M) faction without the penalties!  See below.  However, you are limited to the amount of M&M units you can use.  For each game you may use ONE of the following:

1 - Up to 3 M&M Core units.  These do not have to be of the same type.  They do NOT count towards your core requirement.
2 - Up to 2 Standard units.  These do not have to be of the same type.
3 - One Elite unit.  You CAN play faction specific cards from your faction on this unit and this unit DOES give you the extra command cards at the beginning of the game.

For players playing the M&M faction itself, you can use another faction as your "mercenary" faction.  This must be declared at the beginning of the event.

You may also simply play your faction straight up without using any M&M units if you like. 

Event Web Site: http://www.swa-gaming.org/council

« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 05:09:31 PM by RushAss »
"Chase the Sun around the World I want to look at life
In the available light"
-Rush, Available Light

RushAss

• Administrator
Updates to the original post above.
In the available light"
-Rush, Available Light

Hannibal

• Administrator
Playtest factions going to be legal?

RushAss

• Administrator
I think I'll play that one by ear
In the available light"
-Rush, Available Light

Dave-SWA

• The Schenectady Wargamers Association
    • The Schenectady Wargamers Association
COUNCIL WEATHER
The forecast is clear and warm
Friday: Partly Cloudy, High 80, Low 55
Saturday: Sunny, High 85, Low 58
Sunday: Mostly Sunny, High 86, Low 64

BFW and SFB have been moved to the Guild Room at Proctors.  This is the fancy room that has hosted literally generations of wealthy Proctors patrons.  So this might be considered an upgrade.  The Guild room is still on the 2nd floor, directly across the Arcade.

BEVERAGES
Tos will be bringing his home brews once again.

Hope to see many of you this weekend.
Schenectady Wargamers Association
An Adventure Gaming club serving the Capital District of upstate New York for over 40 years.
Council of Five Nations (Oct 5-7, 2018)
www.swa-gaming.org