Author Topic: Battleground Sat+Sun Event at Council of 5 Nations Schenectady NY Oct. 6-7  (Read 152 times)

RushAss

• Administrator
  • Eat your beets - Recycle!
    • My Facebook.  Where you can see my, uh... face.
Greetings folks!

There will be a 2 day long campaign at Council of 5 Nations in Schenectady NY on October 6-7.  It will be an all day Saturday + Sunday event but it will be loose in regards that you don't have to dedicate the full day(s) to event if you want to do other things.  I'm working out the details but should have something concrete up in a week or two.  Stay tuned!

http://www.swa-gaming.org/council

UPDATE:  While I'm still working out the particulars, the main shake up I'm instilling in this event is that each player must select TWO factions.  During the course of the event, you must play each of the your chosen factions at least once.  So if you played all your games with faction A all weekend and you're down to your final game, you must play Faction B. 
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 04:51:19 PM by RushAss »
"You can never break the chain - There is never love without pain
A gentle hand, a secret touch on the heart
A healing hand, as secret touch on the heart"
-Rush, Secret Touch

gornhorror

• Rules Team
  • Goony goo-goo!
I will assisting Marcus with this event.  I also will be running an Axis and Allies event Friday night.  Starting at 7pm and running through 11pm.   Fun, fun, fun.......:)  Come early so you don't have to play just Russia.  :)

Where's this shade, that you got it made?

RushAss

• Administrator
  • Eat your beets - Recycle!
    • My Facebook.  Where you can see my, uh... face.
Re: Battleground Sat+Sun Event at Council of 5 Nations Schenectady NY Oct. 6-7
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 01:55:45 PM »
Event updated.  I'll have it finalized in a few days.

Cheers!
"You can never break the chain - There is never love without pain
A gentle hand, a secret touch on the heart
A healing hand, as secret touch on the heart"
-Rush, Secret Touch

gornhorror

• Rules Team
  • Goony goo-goo!
My hope is that everybody that can make it, does.   Can we start to generate a list of people who will be playing in Marcus' event?

I'm going to be there on Friday.  I'm running a Axis and Allies event Friday night, but will be playing Battleground all day leading up to my event.  This will be another good opportunity for people to get used to the new ranged rules which will be employed. 

Here I'll start:

Committed: Brook, Marcus, Joseu

Possible: Chris (working some stuff out will let Marcus know soon)

Hopefully these guys will play because they'll be at the Convention: Dave Cheng, Eric Stolar

Have no idea if they are coming at all: Ron, Jaime, Kevin

Who ever does come we'll have a blast as we always do, but it's always better with more players.

Kevin

Can't make this year due to my overloaded October, but have fun, kids!  Play Wuxing and I'll be there in spirit.    :)
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Winston Churchill

gornhorror

• Rules Team
  • Goony goo-goo!
Can't make this year due to my overloaded October, but have fun, kids!  Play Wuxing and I'll be there in spirit.    :)

"I was actually thinking of playing Wuxing this tournament.  I want to annoy my opponent with Reliable :)"

Anyway, sorry you can't make it.......

NegativeZer0

Hopefully these guys will play because they'll be at the Convention: Dave Cheng, Eric Stolar.

I'll give the range rules one last shot.  Marcus has made claims they are better now.

But giving fair warning now if I hate them as much as I did last time I.ll prob drop out.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 09:23:27 PM by NegativeZer0 »
Quote from: Chad_YMG
Cards are definitely good to have, but I like punching my opponent in the face, too!

gornhorror

• Rules Team
  • Goony goo-goo!
Well, I hope you don't do that.  However, I'm not sure if they have changed all that much.  The changes that I do know are that the extreme range penalty was added and that the ammo for pure range units went from 8 shots to 6 shots.  I would like both of these things to change. Specifically, the extreme range modifier to taken away and the ammo shots to go back to 8.  That being said, I am getting used to the new range rules now that I've played with them a bit.  There are some weird situations that come up on the "off turn" that still give me reservations though. 

« Last Edit: Today at 11:27:50 AM by gornhorror »