Author Topic: Reprint ideas  (Read 278 times)

Hannibal

• Administrator
Re: Reprint ideas
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2019, 09:11:01 AM »
Well, I finally got a game in with one of my X-Wing buddies after all these years' hiatus :). He enjoyed it!

Cool!  Hope you enjoyed it too.  Did you use the 4.0 Rules?  They have enough differences for a older player that they can trip you up.

Quick question: why are ammo rules not based on range more finely (e.g. 1 shot per 3.5" range, +1 for indirect)?

Because of playtester feedback.  Originally we did have it tied to range.  However our more casual gamers felt that it added complexity without really adding much to the game.

It also broke suspension of disbelief for more than one player.  As was said to me: the quartermaster wouldn't give the Bowmen 60 arrows, but the Longbowmen get 66 arrows.  They'd have as many arrows as they could march with comfortably and still do their job. 

So a archer units?  They'd more or less have the same amount, because they expected to be doing the same job.  Skirmishers?  Only 2 javelins (or enough arrows for 3 shots) because they were expected to leave the field early.

Bohan

• Playtester
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2019, 06:22:51 PM »
Quick question about the not nearest enemy modifier. In testing, was the bigger concern multiple ranged units attacking the same target, or was it a single ranged unit being able to pick its target?

Hannibal

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2019, 01:15:25 PM »
Quick question about the not nearest enemy modifier. In testing, was the bigger concern multiple ranged units attacking the same target, or was it a single ranged unit being able to pick its target?

The former.  I can go into detail on the Rules Team forum if you like.