Author Topic: Getting back in the game  (Read 210 times)

Taylorcowbell

Getting back in the game
« on: October 11, 2017, 10:05:53 AM »
Hello all, its been way too long and I am getting back in the game finally (found a gaming group who likes to play in my new city). So I am just curious as to what  need to get fully caught up, as it seems i missed 2 kickstarters :(

What I have (Should be everything up to dark elves):
Orcs (S&R)
High Elves(S&R)
Lizardmen (S&R)
Undead (S&R)
Ravenwood Elves (S&R)
Dwarves of Runeguard (S&R)
Umenzi Tribesman (S&R)
Men of Hawkshold (S&R)
Monsters and Mercs (S&R)
Dark Elves (seems to be both in one)
Punic War (Base game and reinforcements)
Kingdoms

So from what I can tell I need to get The Alexander vs Persia Starter and Reinforcements, as well as the Wuxing.
From the wuxing kickstarter, i can see there was a merc unit included (chinese vampires?) are these included in all boxes, or were they just the kickstarter ones
Same question for the alexander vs persia box. Although that seemed to imply more that they were just for backers. Were they just alt art cards, or did they have gameplay differences?

Finally, Ive read about a giant blue dragon. Is that the only (other) promo unit thus far?

Oh one last question. What is the most recent rules? Is it in the wuxing box? or have things changed since then?

Thanks for the responses, and hoping i remember to bring a camera next time so I can provide some battle reports going forward!

Cheers

Taylor

GoIndy

• Playtester
Re: Getting back in the game
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 01:28:42 PM »
That's excellent Taylor....we could always use more cowbell!!

Kevin

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 06:37:11 PM »
Welcome back!  Yeah, the Wuxing rules (which are identical to the Alexander/Persia rules) are the newest ones.

No Chinese vampires, but Wuxing came with a Mercenary unit called Stone Monkeys.  Until you get a card, you can simulate them well with Fu Dogs:

Take Fu Dogs and do the following

Give them (+0)+1/+0 and +0/+1.  (In other words, Off. Skill 6, Toughness 3.)
Remove both Reliable and the Breakdown mechanism.
Make them Impulsive.  (If an enemy is within 7", at the beginning of your turn their orders change to unmodified Close).
Price goes to 253 (up from 165).

Note that Stone Monkeys are considered a generic "mercenary" unit, and are not part of the Wuxing set.
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Winston Churchill

Taylorcowbell

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 08:47:37 AM »
Awesome thanks Kevin (and GoIndy). Already snatched up the wuxing and AvP, should be here shortly. As far as stone monkeys go, how would i go about getting a card? Just check ebay periodically? Not in any big rush, I think we are going to start with the first armies, play a couple games, add a new army in etc. Just so we understand the armies better than just eeny-meeny-ing a deck out of the pile.

Cheers

Taylor

Hannibal

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 09:23:36 AM »
Hi Taylor, welcome back.  There's been some major changes here at YMG.

The good news with regards to the rulebook is that you can download it here.

As for the promotional cards, send me a PM and we'll see what we can get worked out.

RushAss

• Administrator
  • Eat your beets - Recycle!
    • My Facebook.  Where you can see my, uh... face.
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 09:49:27 AM »
Good to see you back Taylorcowbell!  If you don't mind me asking, where are you located?   Perhaps I may know of some players in your area.
"The point of the journey is not to return... anything can happen"
-Rush, Prime Mover

Taylorcowbell

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 10:04:16 AM »
Im in Calgary Alberta. If you know anyone that would be sweet. Excited to hear you are working more directly on Battleground, ive been enjoying your session reports even when I havent been able to play.