Author Topic: Photo Shoot At Davenriche European Martial Artes  (Read 728 times)

Hannibal

• Administrator
Photo Shoot At Davenriche European Martial Artes
« on: July 25, 2017, 03:02:25 PM »
Check out some of the photos we took this past weekend at the Davenriche European Martial Artes School:

Album

Archer gif

These poses ("guards") and exchanges between fighters are taken from actual manuscripts & adapted to be a living martial art by an instructor with over 30 year's experience.  This is just a small sampling of over 400 pictures that we took that day.

We'll be using these pictures as reference material for our artwork when we do Hawkshold (and we're looking ahead for some of these to other factions, like Orcs).

« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 03:04:26 PM by Hannibal »

RushAss

• Administrator
  • Eat your beets - Recycle!
    • My Facebook.  Where you can see my, uh... face.
Re: Photo Shoot At Davenriche European Martial Artes
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 03:28:47 PM »
Way cool!  I had the privilege of visiting this facility when I was out there for KublaCon in May and I must say that this place is the real deal.  They had an incredible array of weapons and a serious roster of folks that know how to use them.
"We are young wandering the face of the Earth
Wondering what our dreams might be worth
Learning that we're only immortal for a limited time"
-Rush, Dreamline

BubblePig

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 04:07:37 PM »
Original art based on real life poses, I would love to have a resource like that when designing cards.

Hannibal

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 04:38:39 PM »
My favorite is how the shields end up being used.  Not just absorbing the hits but deflecting them.