Author Topic: The Battleground Rules: Version 3.0!  (Read 27760 times)

iamJMAN00793

• This is Sparta!
Re: The Battleground Rules: Version 3.0!
« Reply #105 on: December 17, 2011, 05:43:44 PM »
Can someone post a link to the rules so I can read them on my computer?
Every man dies. Not every man really lives. ~ Braveheart

Kevin

« Reply #106 on: December 17, 2011, 06:37:07 PM »
Here you go!

http://www.yourmovegames.com/userfiles/file/3_5x5%20Battleground%20Rulebook%20Dark%20Elves.pdf

If that link doesn't work, go to http://www.yourmovegames.com/rules_faq.html and hit the "rules and faq" button.

You might also want to go to https://docs.google.com/document/d/1K96P5uSvfX3KDDnEuJmyw4IP1Tlv0i-rpsdvoyhrBR0/edit?hl=en_US
 , which has all the 3.0 rules & card errata as well as rules which are slated to go into the 3.1 rulebook.
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Winston Churchill

gull2112

• From the RUSH faction
    • Meditations on Brain Injury
« Reply #107 on: December 17, 2011, 07:15:15 PM »
Bodhi - On the first turn, the first player starts his turn in the combat phase (which is after the Movement and Command phase), so all he can do is ranged attacks, The second player gets a full turn but only half the command actions. After that play proceeds as normal. This procedure is outlined in the rulebook, unfortunately I don't have a copy right in front of me and dinner is ready, or I'd quote you chapter and verse. IIRC it is in the setup section.
"Rules are only as good as the book they're bound in."
http://gullsbattleground.blogspot.com/

Genestealer

« Reply #108 on: June 07, 2012, 10:41:55 AM »
So are these "official" yet?

BubblePig

« Reply #109 on: June 07, 2012, 08:17:56 PM »
As far as I know, the rules in the google document are slated to be included in the next rulebook, which will come out with the next printed faction:
Next Faction: Wuxing

gull2112

• From the RUSH faction
    • Meditations on Brain Injury
« Reply #110 on: June 07, 2012, 08:29:53 PM »
Whie rereading the new rules I noticed some typos which I have changed the changes are in bold.
original:
3.2.3.4.1  High Ground
Units on Higher Ground +1/+0 vs. engaged attacks.  Being on High Ground changes the short/long extreme range brackets by 3.5" (Add 3.5” to all range brackets if the shooter is higher than the target; subtract 3.5” from all range brackets is the target is higher than the shooter.), but doesn't change maximum range.  Units on high ground have line of sight to anything on lower ground not blocked by non-airborne units or LOS blocking terrain of equal of higher elevation.

corrected:
3.2.3.4.1  High Ground
Units on Higher Ground are at +1/+0 vs. engaged attacks.  Being on High Ground changes the short/long extreme range brackets by 3.5" (Add 3.5” to all range brackets if the shooter is higher than the target; subtract 3.5” from all range brackets if the target is higher than the shooter.), but doesn't change maximum range.  Units on high ground have line of sight to anything on lower ground not blocked by non-airborne units or LOS blocking terrain of equal of higher elevation.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 08:32:25 PM by gull2112 »
"Rules are only as good as the book they're bound in."
http://gullsbattleground.blogspot.com/

rog5

• Playtester
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there...
« Reply #111 on: June 07, 2012, 09:13:34 PM »
Also noticed this at the bottom of section 2.2 Fear Checks:

[This rule replaces the previous  fear rules.  Note that the condition of a unit being “Shaken” (3.2.3.1.2) no longer applies, though see 3.2.3.2.6 “Outreached”.]
3.2.3.2.6 Trample

Fix:  Replace Outreached with Trample
There is no box...

Kevin

« Reply #112 on: June 07, 2012, 09:44:40 PM »
Good catch -- fixed!
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Winston Churchill

BubblePig

« Reply #113 on: May 27, 2014, 04:21:46 PM »
Have any steps been taken to preserve the 3.0 rulebook pdf online after the www.yourmovegames.com is phased out?

RushAss

• Administrator
  • Eat your beets - Recycle!
    • My Facebook.  Where you can see my, uh... face.
« Reply #114 on: May 28, 2014, 01:07:56 PM »
Fear not friend, I've got it.
"You can never break the chain - There is never love without pain
A gentle hand, a secret touch on the heart
A healing hand, as secret touch on the heart"
-Rush, Secret Touch

BubblePig

« Reply #115 on: May 29, 2014, 06:14:29 PM »
Fear not friend, I've got it.
Thanks, Marcus. The reason I wonder is that I have been accumulating BG links lately and noticed that the v3.0 pdf was on the old yourmovegames main page, as opposed to most others which were either on the forum, googledocs, personal webpages or file sharing sites like zelcs excel files. Also I noticed that the attachment folder is full, so AFAIK nobody can attach useful files like the uberursine excel army builder.