Author Topic: Spring BFW day at Dave's House  (Read 252 times)

Dave-SWA

• Playtester
  • The Schenectady Wargamers Association
Spring BFW day at Dave's House
« on: April 02, 2017, 08:08:26 PM »
Folks,

We just wrapped a successful SFB day at Dave's.  So now it's time to turn our attention to Battleground...

We briefly discussed the idea at TotalCon.  We probably want something in the Spring, not too close to the June tournament in New Jersey.

So, how about a Saturday in May?

Specifically, how about May 20th?

Who could make it for this date?
Schenectady Wargamers Association
An Adventure Gaming club serving the Capital District of upstate New York for over 40 years.
Council of Five Nations (Sept 29 - Oct 1, 2017) - this is our 40th, the Ruby Anniversary.  It will be extra special this year!
www.swa-gaming.org

gornhorror

• Playtester
  • Goony goo-goo!
Re: Spring BFW day at Dave's House
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 12:40:18 PM »
Folks,

We just wrapped a successful SFB day at Dave's.  So now it's time to turn our attention to Battleground...

We briefly discussed the idea at TotalCon.  We probably want something in the Spring, not too close to the June tournament in New Jersey.

So, how about a Saturday in May?

Specifically, how about May 20th?

Who could make it for this date?

Hey Dave, is there any way it could be a different date?  I have a walk/run with my wife to raise money for breast cancer that day. 

Let me know.
For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and everyone who humbles himself will be exalted.

Dave-SWA

• Playtester
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 02:00:18 PM »
May 20th is not set in stone.
I'm just throwing it out there to get discussion going so we can set a date and all plan around that date.

Sunday, May 14th is Mother's Day, which is why I didn't choose May 13.  But the 13th is OK with me.
May 27th might be a bit too close to the June 17th tournament date (only 3 weeks away), but the 27th is OK with me.

What works for the group?

-DC
An Adventure Gaming club serving the Capital District of upstate New York for over 40 years.
Council of Five Nations (Sept 29 - Oct 1, 2017) - this is our 40th, the Ruby Anniversary.  It will be extra special this year!
www.swa-gaming.org

RushAss

• Administrator
  • Eat your beets - Recycle!
    • My Facebook.  Where you can see my, uh... face.
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 06:57:18 PM »
Hi Dave, great that you're setting another one of these up but the 20th doesn't work for me while on the weekend of the 27th I'll be..... elsewhere ;)
"So much poison in power, the principals get left out
So much mind under matter, the spirit gets forgotten about"
-Rush, Half The World

NegativeZer0

• Playtester
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 11:28:42 AM »
I'm free for any weekend in May
Would prefer it to not be the 6th though as I would have to swap my on call for that weekend
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 07:02:08 AM by NegativeZer0 »
Quote from: Chad_YMG
Cards are definitely good to have, but I like punching my opponent in the face, too!

Ostegun

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 08:21:34 AM »
I'm good the weekend of the 6th, and 27th.
I like Marcus got busy the 20th, and mamas day is sacred in a matriarchal family like mine XD

But o am I excited haven't had BG in a while and my tears for it have already solidified into saline rocks. I need some good old bloodshed. Of my own troops of course :)

The bull bears it's horns in hope. Hope to fend off those who would feed on it's love. The love of all the ones who held the wall upon which all memories have been written. Existence fussed to rip and explode the bull into the breach of threat.To scream in all the colors the essence of it's love.

Ostegun

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2017, 09:48:59 AM »
Currently I'm up for this Saturday and Sunday. If nothing is happening, Marcus and Brooks might be pestered into meeting with me... by raising their wrath level to the point where battle must ensue through highly reflective card sleeves.

I can also do the 12 and 13th of May the 27th is becoming fraught with peril as there is a baby shower I should attend. If only I could find the proper doppelganger.
The bull bears it's horns in hope. Hope to fend off those who would feed on it's love. The love of all the ones who held the wall upon which all memories have been written. Existence fussed to rip and explode the bull into the breach of threat.To scream in all the colors the essence of it's love.

Dave-SWA

• Playtester
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2017, 09:17:19 PM »
I definitely will not be hosting this Saturday, May 6th.  I've now got a different gamer guy coming into town for the next couple of nights (traveling to his father's memorial service), and then I've got to get up extra early on Sunday to help catalog the whole-room game collection of an SWA member who recently passed away.  Hmmm... I just realized the common thread there...

It looks like we will not get good critical mass for any given date before June.  I understand it's asking a lot, probably too much, for the guys with kids to get away this month and again in June.

And, I just looked at the calendar again and realized that the 27th is a holiday weekend (Memorial Day, Monday the 29th - there's that death theme again...).

I will go forward with just a small event on the 20th.  Maybe it's just Eric and me, with Eric finally getting a chance to play the Amazons for a game or two with no extracurricular distractions.  Or, maybe Eric bails and I do yard work.  Either one is OK with me.

Final Decision.  Saturday, May 20th it is. 

Be there or be square.  But it's much more important for you to be at the Jersey event on Saturday, June 17th.

-DC
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 09:18:55 PM by Dave-SWA »
www.swa-gaming.org

RushAss

• Administrator
  • Eat your beets - Recycle!
    • My Facebook.  Where you can see my, uh... face.
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2017, 10:03:49 PM »
I'd love to make it but I've got 2 things working against me

1 - We need to find a new home by June 30 as our landlord is selling our place.  We're coming down to the wire and still don't have a place.

2 - I'm flying out to Santa Clara on Memorial Day weekend to attend Kubla Con with Corey and 2 weekends away from my family in a row during this crazy time (see above) may produce a mutiny in our household.

I'd love to go, it's just not in the cards for me right now.  Brook may be interested in making this and I know Josu is certainly hot on this.
"So much poison in power, the principals get left out
So much mind under matter, the spirit gets forgotten about"
-Rush, Half The World

Ostegun

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2017, 10:07:42 AM »
It wasn't meant to be...
20th weekend I'm at a baptism. I will still look into it though. Just send me a PM with your phone number and if I can I'll call you before heading out.

“Alone. Yes, that's the key word, the most awful word in the English tongue. Murder doesn't hold a candle to it and hell is only a poor synonym.”
Stephen king

NegativeZer0

• Playtester
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2017, 08:57:09 AM »
I plan to go so if anyone can make it there will be games to be had.
Quote from: Chad_YMG
Cards are definitely good to have, but I like punching my opponent in the face, too!

gornhorror

• Playtester
  • Goony goo-goo!
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2017, 08:54:39 AM »
Unfortunately the day that was chosen was the one day I said would be tough for me.  I wanted to come but I will be walking for the fight against breast cancer in Ocean Grove NJ on that day.  Have fun guys, maybe next time.
For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and everyone who humbles himself will be exalted.

Dave-SWA

• Playtester
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2017, 10:37:16 AM »
We didn't end up playing too much Battleground this past weekend.
Saturday morning, Eric & I introduced four new guys from NJ to the game. The combined group decided to play other stuff over the rest of the weekend.
We'll see if any of them catch the BFW bug enough to want to join us at the New Jersey tournament on June 17th.

See the rest of you guys in a few weeks.

-DC
www.swa-gaming.org