Author Topic: Championship 2017 Round 2 Brook (Orcs) vs. Eric (Wuxing)  (Read 336 times)

Kevin

• Administrator
Championship 2017 Round 2 Brook (Orcs) vs. Eric (Wuxing)
« on: March 08, 2017, 10:11:40 AM »
2200 points, secret-and-simultaneous deployment, Special Situation.  This definitely took the record for closest game at the tournament! 

Oh, and thanks to Brook for bringing his brown map, which made it a lot easier to sort of the photos.  :)

However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Winston Churchill

RushAss

• Administrator
  • Eat your beets - Recycle!
    • My Facebook.  Where you can see my, uh... face.
Re: Championship 2017 Round 2 Brook (Orcs) vs. Eric (Wuxing)
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 10:22:59 PM »
"As the years went by we drifted apart
When I heard that you where gone I felt a shadow cross my heart"
-Rush, Nbody's Hero

NegativeZer0

• Playtester
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 01:27:59 PM »
Still salty about this game   :'(

Brook had an attack where he needed 2s to damage with 7 dice.  HE ROLLED SIX DAMAGE all 2s by the way, no 1s, he just shit out SIX 2s on the table with 7 dice.  And that just happened to be exactly enough damage to outright kill my unit.  Oh and I had the comand card to re-roll MY attack dice instead of the one that forces the opponent to re-roll, you know, just to add further insult.

Then my Jade dragon* got hosed on 3 separate attacks, all of which brook had an "expected" dmg output of 2 and did 4 damage each time.

So Very Salty.

But otherwise this was a fun game and it came down to the very end. 

*Remind me to have whatever contractor we used to build that thing hung for treason against the Emperor. 
They clearly didn't use real jade and substituted some cheap nock-off flea market shit instead.

P.S. (re my opinion on flying units)
Even with Brook romping on my Jade Dragon he was worth every point I spent on him.  Had Brook been even a little less lucky and the JD very well could have been a game decider.

This unit and Drakes should be the focus when looking at flying rules and making new flying units. 
Both are balanced and playable in a competitive format.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 03:47:19 PM by NegativeZer0 »
Quote from: Chad_YMG
Cards are definitely good to have, but I like punching my opponent in the face, too!

gornhorror

• Playtester
  • Goony goo-goo!
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 08:06:59 PM »
Yeah, I'll admit.  I had two attacks that game that were just ridiculous.  My luck is like that.  Oceans of suck with the occasional small island that has a pineapple tree and a nymphomaniac mermaid....:)
I’d agree with you but then we’d both be wrong.

Kevin

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 11:14:27 AM »
*Remind me to have whatever contractor we used to build that thing hung for treason against the Emperor. 
They clearly didn't use real jade and substituted some cheap nock-off flea market shit instead.

;D

P.S. (re my opinion on flying units)
Even with Brook romping on my Jade Dragon he was worth every point I spent on him.  Had Brook been even a little less lucky and the JD very well could have been a game decider.

This unit and Drakes should be the focus when looking at flying rules and making new flying units. 
Both are balanced and playable in a competitive format.

I appreciate the compliment, but I'm not sure how good a model the Jade Dragon is for flight.  I deliberately made its flight really sucky and situational (It's the only unit that flies at its ground speed...and also the only one that requires a CA to get in the air.) so that the surcharge it pays for flight would be extremely minimal and it would pull its weight on the ground. 

Indeed, sometimes the Jade Dragon's ability to fly can be more of a curse.
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Winston Churchill

NegativeZer0

• Playtester
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 07:46:54 AM »
forgot it flies at ground speed (I did remember the other limitations though).  Still a worthy unit to keep in mind for future design of flying units

And yes I remember the game where I perfectly predicted you would not take A war elephant.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 07:52:46 AM by NegativeZer0 »
Quote from: Chad_YMG
Cards are definitely good to have, but I like punching my opponent in the face, too!