Author Topic: Championship 2017 Round 2 Marcus (Dwarves) vs. Blakely (Umenzi)  (Read 602 times)

Kevin

In this epic grindfest of a game, which featured 2200 points, Secret-and-Simultaneous deployment, and another Special Situation, Marcus's Dwarves eked out a narrow victory over Blakely's Umenzi.

[

However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Winston Churchill

Fingolfin

• Playtester
  • A Elbereth Gilthoniel!
Re: Championship 2017 Round 2 Marcus (Dwarves) vs. Blakely (Umenzi)
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 10:49:55 AM »
Hang on a minute. Do I see Worthy beating Longbeards?!! They seem to have Atlatl support, but still!
'Utúlie'n aurë! Aiya Eldalië ar Atanatári, utúlie'n aurë! The day has come! Behold, people of the Eldar and Fathers of Men, the day has come!'

Steel for humans, silver for monsters, gold for the witcher.

RushAss

• Administrator
  • Eat your beets - Recycle!
    • My Facebook.  Where you can see my, uh... face.
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 04:40:59 PM »
Hang on a minute. Do I see Worthy beating Longbeards?!! They seem to have Atlatl support, but still!

Yes, I'm pretty sure I was carping about that exact thing in this pic here:

"We are young wandering the face of the Earth
Wondering what our dreams might be worth
Learning that we're only immortal for a limited time"
-Rush, Dreamline

RushAss

• Administrator
  • Eat your beets - Recycle!
    • My Facebook.  Where you can see my, uh... face.
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 02:50:22 PM »
I thought I had this game at deployment.  There was a unit of Worthy directly across from my Longbeards.  The Worthy where backed up by Atlatlmen but that didn't bother me much with the 1/4 defense.  Then something funny happened - The Beards got completely HOUSED.  Then they routed.  See below.

It is 99.99999% likely that I'm carping about this event in the pic below

Now my big "secret" vs. Umenzi or any other faction containing a lot of units with poor defensive stats is to bring lots of Hammermen.  I had 3 here.  Fortunately for me, a unit of Hammermen next to the Longbeards saw their (un)Worthy opponents route away and I was able to bring the hammer against the Super Worthy with a flank attack.  It started going downhill for Blakely at that point but she scratched and clawed all the way to make this a really tough one to pull out.  She got her revenge Sunday morning  :)
"We are young wandering the face of the Earth
Wondering what our dreams might be worth
Learning that we're only immortal for a limited time"
-Rush, Dreamline