Author Topic: Ancient Blue Dragon now available through Dice Tower!  (Read 2473 times)

Hannibal

• Administrator
Ancient Blue Dragon now available through Dice Tower!
« on: January 04, 2017, 02:35:04 PM »
Your Move Games is supporting Dice Tower's Season 13 crowdfunding campaign with a brand new unit:  the Ancient Blue Dragon!

This Colossal (i.e. double) sized unit is a preview of our new art direction.  As such it is a promotional unit that you can only get through Dice Tower, currently as a part of Pack C on their campaign.  There are currently no plans for us to put the Ancient Blue Dragon into production, so once it's gone, it's gone!

Dave-SWA

• The Schenectady Wargamers Association
    • The Schenectady Wargamers Association
Re: Ancient Blue Dragon now available through Dice Tower!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 09:36:39 PM »
Nice!
Schenectady Wargamers Association
An Adventure Gaming club serving the Capital District of upstate New York for over 40 years.
Council of Five Nations (Oct 5-7, 2018)
www.swa-gaming.org

Gabbi

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 07:28:58 AM »
Aw... This is disappointing. While I do love Battleground and enjoy Tom Vasel 's reviews, $70 for a single unit it's a price I can't afford / do not want to pay (no interest in the other stuff, and ever then, I'd find the price a tad high). An option to pick just the promo(s) for games you actually play would be welcome. Color me unhappy.

EDIT: Only positive aspect is that some people will find a Battleground unit in their packs, and this could spark some interest for the game.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 07:59:29 AM by Gabbi »

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 07:58:15 AM »
Aw... This is disappointing. While I do love Battleground and enjoy Tom Vasel 's reviews, $70 for a single unit it's a price I can't afford / do not want to pay (no interest in the other stuff, and ever then, I'd find the price a tad high). An option to pick just the promo(s) for games you actually play would be welcome. Color me unhappy.

I too am not buying one, but you can make your own slightly-ugly Ancient Blue Dragon from an Ancient Red and two sharpies.  (Black to tweak the stats; blue to color in the dragon. ;) )
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Winston Churchill

Gabbi

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 08:02:54 AM »

I too am not buying one, but you can make your own slightly-ugly Ancient Blue Dragon from an Ancient Red and two sharpies.  (Black to tweak the stats; blue to color in the dragon. ;) )
Lol, easy and wise as usual, Kevin. Cheers :)

Joe Kundlak

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 08:19:27 AM »
The new art looks crispy and current! Good choice and I am eager to see further new/revised cards!

Hannibal

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 10:00:17 AM »

I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy.  We have no control over the structure of Dice Tower's crowdfunding campaign.  As part of the agreement they have a 'limited exclusivity' period that extends past this month.  So it's possible that they will offer individual cards through their website after the campaign ends.  I simply don't know.

However, once the exclusive period ends we'll look at including this unit as part of an add-on for a kickstarter (assuming we have adequate supply) or a stretch goal (if we don't have supply).

EDIT: Only positive aspect is that some people will find a Battleground unit in their packs, and this could spark some interest for the game.

Yeah, I think a better way to consider this is for people who were already going to support Dice Tower, here's an option.  This is one of the reasons we stuck with a unit that was so close to the Ancient Red Dragon.  The Blue Dragon doesn't introduce something completely new to the game.  For example, we decided not to include Spartiates for that reason.

Gabbi

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 05:53:59 PM »
Thanks for further infos, Hannibal. From your first post it seemed to me that the only way to get it was the DT crowfunfing. Having it available in a future Battleground kickstarter sounds good for me :)
Also, since you mentioned them, do you plan to offer again the Spartiates in next Kickstarter? At the time I had to pick just one and got Wuxing, but would love to get the Spatiates, too.

Ostegun

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2017, 08:16:23 PM »
Cool lightning vomiting scaled colossal XD
I can hear a guitar solo.
Electrifying.
The bull bears it's horns in hope. Hope to fend off those who would feed on it's love. The love of all the ones who held the wall upon which all memories have been written. Existence fussed to rip and explode the bull into the breach of threat.To scream in all the colors the essence of it's love.

NegativeZer0

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2017, 12:12:52 AM »
Ya really don't like they way he does this.  I get that he can't really do pick your own rewards because that would be a complete mess but at the same time I only want 1 item from 3 different packs which results in me not wanting anything at all.  

That said I hope the funding does go well.  Even if you personally don't like his videos (stop dumping the components on the table you [insert string of ranting and profanity]) his videos are good for our hobby.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 01:37:33 PM by NegativeZer0 »
Quote from: Chad_YMG
Cards are definitely good to have, but I like punching my opponent in the face, too!