Author Topic: Press Release - new management at Your Move Games  (Read 1611 times)

Hannibal

• Administrator
Press Release - new management at Your Move Games
« on: November 18, 2016, 10:22:07 PM »
Your Move Games is pleased to announce we are under new management.  While the leadership has changed, the mission of delivering depth and replayability in approachable and affordable games remains the same.  The new management team is fully invested in Your Move Games and has been a vital part of the design team for new product at Your Move Games for many years. Currently we are in the midst of planning new releases for our games and are excited for the new products.  As part of the transition we intend to resolve any unfulfilled Kickstarter pledges to the best of our ability.

Already available are the long awaited Battleground releases Alexander vs. Persia and Wuxing, as well as The Battle for Sector 219.  In addition we are preparing for a reprint of Men of Hawkshold and two entirely new Battleground armies: Greek City States and Lords of Vlachold. 

Our products are available to retailers through ACD Distribution and Golden Distribution. For our fans across the globe, or for our fans who lack a local retailer, frpgames.com carries our products as well. Also available now on steam is a digital version of The Battle for Sector 219 from our partners at Large Visible Machine.

Please check out our new website for more information on our products and upcoming releases – www.yourmovegames.com.

Hannibal

• Administrator
Re: Press Release - new management at Your Move Games
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 10:22:30 PM »
You may have heard rumors regarding the status of Your Move Games.  The long and short of it is that Marcus (Rushass) and I have taken over operational management of Your Move Games.  Although Chad will remain in an advisory position, he has handed over management duties of the company to us.

In the last few months, we have negotiated deals to make our products available to retailers and customers.  We have renewed ties with ACD Distribution and Golden Distribution.  FRP Games (frpgames.com) carries our products for direct sales.  All of this includes our newest releases:  Battle for Sector 219, Alexander vs. Persia, and Wuxing. 

That being said, this will not be a full time job  for either Marcus or myself.  This will be a labor of love that we do on our own time.  Our goal is for the company to make enough money to pay the bills and create new product

Our plans for the coming year  are:

Around January we will partner with Dice Tower for their kickstarter, offering a new colossal dragon unit (currently titled the Ancient Sky Dragon).  It will be a Monsters & Mercenaries unit available only through their kickstarter for the time being.

We also want to reprint Men of Hawkshold.  This will be a single-box style like current releases, with new artwork and updated cards.  We are currently in the process of securing an artist and a printer.  Once everything is ready, we’ll plan to do another kickstarter.

Following on the heels of that will be the Lords of Vlachold, a fantasy faction based on vampires & other archetypes of Medieval Eastern Europe.  After that we tentatively have the Greek City States, a historical mercenaries faction.  Beyond those three releases we have on the horizon a faction of fantasy Norsemen and almost certainly a reprint of another existing fantasy faction.

Finally, we have updated the main website at yourmovegames.com.  I encourage you to check it out.  We’re hoping to add a blog for announcements and design discussions.

We hope you’re as excited about this news as we are, and are looking forward to building what Chad started with Your Move Games.

joeyeti

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 11:32:07 AM »
Kudos guys, good luck in your endeavors!

I am eager to see what changes for instance the Hawkshold cars will contain (whether and how I should update my existing ones). That will probably be discussed separately.

EDIT:
Do you also plan to put all the previous downloads under "Download"? For instance the Harbinger magazine articles etc...
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 11:35:59 AM by joeyeti »

Torrg

• Playtester
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 11:02:17 PM »
Congrats on this, I look forward to the upcoming releases

On the website I do not find the "Historical Factions", are they going to be listed also?
An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
Robert A. Heinlein

Hannibal

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 11:15:26 PM »
Kudos guys, good luck in your endeavors!

Thanks! Both to you and Torrg.  We hope to live up to your expectations.

I am eager to see what changes for instance the Hawkshold cars will contain (whether and how I should update my existing ones). That will probably be discussed separately.

Yes, when we revisit Hawkshold that will be discussed.

EDIT:
Do you also plan to put all the previous downloads under "Download"? For instance the Harbinger magazine articles etc...

Not at the moment.  Those articles are done for a very different edition of the rules, and so I'm not even sure they're balanced under the current context.

On the website I do not find the "Historical Factions", are they going to be listed also?

Go to the factions page and scroll down to the Battleground Historical Warfare section.

Gabbi

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 04:25:06 AM »
Great news. Best of luck, guys!

Ostegun

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 11:19:48 AM »
Just saw the new website. Great job guys. Specially the new added flavor. This looks already like a move towards a bigger audience.

Just a question the faction prices seem to be down a lot. Is this a one time sale thing or are retailers allowed to cut prices down further than stipulated in the past?
The bull bears it's horns in hope. Hope to fend off those who would feed on it's love. The love of all the ones who held the wall upon which all memories have been written. Existence fussed to rip and explode the bull into the breach of threat.To scream in all the colors the essence of it's love.

Hannibal

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2016, 11:26:54 AM »
Just saw the new website. Great job guys. Specially the new added flavor. This looks already like a move towards a bigger audience.

Thanks.  That took quite a bit of work, actually.  For those veterans of BGFW you may want to go through some of the faction pages for Battleground especially.  We're introducing a little bit of backstory to our games.

Just a question the faction prices seem to be down a lot. Is this a one time sale thing or are retailers allowed to cut prices down further than stipulated in the past?

We have no control over what they sell the product for.  They buy from us at a set rate and then can sell it for any amount they want.  They bought it outright (no consignment deal), so they can do whatever they want.  If they want to lose money on their sales, that's on them.

Ostegun

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2016, 12:07:23 PM »

Thank you for the quick reply.
The bull bears it's horns in hope. Hope to fend off those who would feed on it's love. The love of all the ones who held the wall upon which all memories have been written. Existence fussed to rip and explode the bull into the breach of threat.To scream in all the colors the essence of it's love.

Exploding Ant

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2016, 09:26:51 AM »
Glad to have another place to pick these games up.  I checked Amazon and they are charging $54.90 for an Umenzi starter.

Ostegun

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2016, 11:12:44 AM »
Check Board Game Geek. They sell. Also E-Bay.

BubblePig

• Shoeless God of War
  • Playtester
  • Y'all are just hating on my steez.
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2016, 01:52:54 PM »
Last I checked funagain games had a lot of stuff up on newegg
http://www.newegg.com/Your-Move-Games-Games/BrandSubCat/ID-15213-1562