Author Topic: Handling erratas and updates  (Read 514 times)

Gabbi

Handling erratas and updates
« on: September 26, 2016, 02:31:16 AM »
As a unexperienced player of BG, it's a bit overwhelming to read threads in this section of the forums. So here are some thoughts from me.
I'd like that, once all legal, commercial, logistic, distribution, issues are solved by the new lead of the game, but before releasing any new stuff, the whole game is analyzed, eventually fixed where needed and somewhat "stabilized".
This could be done in two ways:
1) publishing errata'ed cards (phisical cards would be best, but PDFs would do)
or
2) say "ignore the backs from now on" (since most of the changes would happen there - point costs, abilities, etc) publish kinda of "army lists" with point costs and special abilities, and release just the handful of cards that will have a fix in the upper side (i.e Skeletons)

While for my depth of strategy and experience with the game I could play with stuff as come in the boxes (i.e. not enough experience with the game to exploit weaknesses or loopholes), it's disheartening to come here and see that there's always some kind of problem (or at least, this is what I feel).

Please, don't take this as a rant, I'm very excited about the possible new youth of the game given by a new lead taking over, and looking forward to see what's next. This post is just to express one wish I have about the game.

Ostegun

Re: Handling erratas and updates
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 07:04:48 AM »
I second the whole keeping PDF files with errata fixes as a live thing. AS new errata are uncovered or as rules are updated and does card descriptions are changed to make easy to print PDF files with the corresponding changes. Personally I just scan and modify the image and print it myself then slide it in with the original card but an official errata PDF would be great.

Gabbi there are some at YMG already so people can print those but I have a feeling that they are not necessarily all the errata changes, though most of them might be there.
The bull bears it's horns in hope. Hope to fend off those who would feed on it's love. The love of all the ones who held the wall upon which all memories have been written. Existence fussed to rip and explode the bull into the breach of threat.To scream in all the colors the essence of it's love.

Joe Kundlak

Re: Handling erratas and updates
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 07:39:43 AM »
Given that I am currently finishing the translation of the 3.1 rules into Czech (upgrading the long-existing czech 3.0 version), a comprehensive Errata PDF would be a nice thing to have :)