Author Topic: Impact hit change proposal  (Read 741 times)

gornhorror

• Rules Team
  • Goony goo-goo!
Impact hit change proposal
« on: October 08, 2016, 08:06:56 AM »
Being a elf player I've always thought that impact hits were a bit unfair.  The fact that they are an automatic hit bypasses their greatest defensive attribute, the defensive skill.  It seems to me that a nimble unit should have at least a chance to avoid damage. 

My proposal is that units with impact hits should roll their attacks as usual and only if at least one damage is done does an impact hit trigger.

Example:  Say a unit of Knights goes up against a Celestial Guard.  Without command cards the Knights unit has 8 attack dice at 2's and 5's.  If the Knights unit manages one damage, the impact hit triggers and a total of two damage is done.  If the Knights unit whiffs on the attack, then the impact hit does not trigger.

Units with more than one impact hit are played the exact same way.  All of their impact hits trigger if at least one damage is done. 

Example: A Trike herd goes up against a unit of Ravenwood swordsmen.  The trike herd gets 6 attack dice at 2's and 5's.  If at least one damage is done on the attack, then the 3 impact hits trigger and an additional 3 damage is applied. 
Where's this shade, that you got it made?

RushAss

• Administrator
  • Eat your beets - Recycle!
    • My Facebook.  Where you can see my, uh... face.
Re: Impact hit change proposal
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 03:29:39 PM »
Being a elf player... 
You do realize that this would hose Chariots, right?
"We are young wandering the face of the Earth
Wondering what our dreams might be worth
Learning that we're only immortal for a limited time"
-Rush, Dreamline