Author Topic: Demo Day @ Davenriche European Martial Artes School  (Read 1884 times)

Hannibal

• Administrator
Demo Day @ Davenriche European Martial Artes School
« on: August 16, 2016, 06:39:59 PM »
Hey all you California Bay Area gamers,

Your Move Games will be running demos at the Davenriche European Martial Artes School on Saturday, August 27th.  The games we'll be demoing are:

Battleground Fantasy Warfare

Battleground Historical Warfare

Battle for Hill 218

Battle for Sector 219

If you're reading this you probably have most or all of these games but if you don't, come on down to try them out.  And even if you do, come say hi and check out all the weapons & armor on the walls!  That day is a sparring day, so if you show up early you might get to see people fighting.

Day:  Saturday, August 27th
Time:  1:00pm-5:00pm 
Place:  Davenriche European Martial Artes School
           3266 De La Cruz
           Santa Clara, CA 95054

Hannibal

• Administrator
Re: Demo Day @ Davenriche European Martial Artes School
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 10:10:27 AM »
A little after the fact, but the Demo Day at the Davenriche European Martial Artes School was a rousing success.  The school gave us access to their entire facility, which meant we put up tables in the main training area and set up a storefront in the armory. 

We had 13 people show up and play for basically the entire five hours we were there.  What's more, most people played multiple games over the course of the day, bouncing between Battleground and Hill/Sector.  Some highlights:

The Orcs find out that slamming Wolf Riders into Dwarf Axemen is a very bad idea:

Lizardmen finding out that High Elves never have an exposed flank with Maneuver Mastery:

Near table:  everyone wants to play with the T-Rex.  Far table:  wait...Undead never run away?

"Oh you only have half an hour?  Well let me show you this other game we produce..."

The face you make when you win so decisively that your opponent runs away from the table in shame.

Sadly no pictures of the shop in the armory with weapons & armor in the background.  Next time...

All in all a very successful event.  Most people came away with a copy of Hill 218 & Sector 219 plus at least a starter for a faction.  Moreover, everyone had a very good time and we ended up having to shoo people out half an hour after the end time.  We look forward to doing this sort of thing again at Davenriche.

RushAss

• Administrator
  • Eat your beets - Recycle!
    • My Facebook.  Where you can see my, uh... face.
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 11:17:05 AM »
Well done Sir!
"We are young wandering the face of the Earth
Wondering what our dreams might be worth
Learning that we're only immortal for a limited time"
-Rush, Dreamline

gornhorror

• Rules Team
  • Goony goo-goo!
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 11:49:16 AM »
Excellent Smithers!!!!!!!!!

Also, I hope the guy playing the High Elves won.  :)
Where's this shade, that you got it made?

BubblePig

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2016, 03:33:47 PM »
Yeah. Now that's what I'm talking about.