Author Topic: Council of Five Nations XXXIX September 23-25, 2016  (Read 5761 times)

RushAss

• Administrator
  • Eat your beets - Recycle!
    • My Facebook.  Where you can see my, uh... face.
Re: Council of Five Nations XXXIX September 23-25, 2016
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2016, 11:11:29 AM »
Yeah, I just noticed that.  I did indeed just copy and paste what you had there.  Weird.  It's now been fixed.
"Art as expression, not as market campaigns
Will still capture our imaginations"
-Rush, Natural Science

RushAss

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2016, 11:19:33 AM »
I spoke with Eric earlier this week and he decided to go with Kevin's Championship rules for expediency.  So there, I announced it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BY6C-rpw-5lB8xfDodOce_GXiM9MyDuiSOPhLtjUahI/edit
-Rush, Natural Science

NegativeZer0

• Playtester
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2016, 12:44:19 PM »
Using Kevin's rules as stated with the exception that you will completely ignore these sections:
mercenaries, Digging In*, Selecting Terrain/Special Situations

And replace Special Judge Rules with
I am the final arbiter of all game-related rules and situations.  If I am in the game in question I will clearly rule in my favor, otherwise I will rule in whatever way benefits the person on my team the most.
Okay sorry bad joke.  But seriously this isn't the championship so anyone is free to answer rules questions that come up.

*All rounds except final round will use modified ticking clock rules, Three player-games
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 04:03:46 PM by NegativeZer0 »
Quote from: Chad_YMG
Cards are definitely good to have, but I like punching my opponent in the face, too!

RushAss

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2016, 02:24:09 PM »
I will say that if a player hasn't recently played in any of Kevin's tournaments (or they are new to the game or really rusty) that they be given the option to use the standard rules and unit costs.  I'd hate for an inexperienced player to have to leaf through half a dozen pages of special rules before playing.
-Rush, Natural Science

BubblePig

• Shoeless God of War
  • Playtester
  • Y'all are just hating on my steez.
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2016, 03:45:22 PM »
Got my time off from work. Got somebody to share gas/hotel expenses. Registered and booked.

Year before last or something like that, Rob booked the Parker while he was at the con for the following year. IIRC that was the year they moved the con dates because of the parents' weekend and Rob couldn't come. My job situation stabilized (sort of) a day or two after I could book the Parker for this year, and I am kind of glad it worked out that way. I want to book the Parker for next year while I am at the con. I might blub a little bit.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 03:50:16 PM by BubblePig »

Ostegun

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2016, 11:59:57 AM »
Hello everyone. New to the forum. Will be at the event by council of five nations.

Was wondering if the tournament rules are official or just for this event. For example are the point value changes agreed upon by the player community at large or by the company?

Just wanted to clear that out to see if I should scan, modify, print the differences so I can slide them into the sleeved on top of my cards to have the right data on hand.
The bull bears it's horns in hope. Hope to fend off those who would feed on it's love. The love of all the ones who held the wall upon which all memories have been written. Existence fussed to rip and explode the bull into the breach of threat.To scream in all the colors the essence of it's love.

NegativeZer0

• Playtester
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2016, 12:07:10 PM »
The point costs for the following 2 things are the most agreed upon

High Elf units - Its fairly universally agreed that several HE units are over costed.

Dark Elf Lashmistress - This upcharge in points really is deserving.  In high level play the ability on this unit is VERY strong.

So baisiaclly people playing the game casually these points changes dont really matter.  Those of us that play a lot and go to the conventions agree (for the most part) these changes make the game more balanced.  That siad there is not 100% agreement on all the changes but that's life
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 12:16:27 PM by NegativeZer0 »
Cards are definitely good to have, but I like punching my opponent in the face, too!

Ostegun

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2016, 01:01:36 PM »
Thank you for the quick reply.

I think I will just add the costs to the cards on the back with a dry erase pen if I find one with a fine tip in time.

Cheers.

The bull bears it's horns in hope. Hope to fend off those who would feed on it's love. The love of all the ones who held the wall upon which all memories have been written. Existence fussed to rip and explode the bull into the breach of threat.To scream in all the colors the essence of it's love.

Kevin

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2016, 01:56:09 PM »
Just to underline the point.  If there's ever universal agreement about something and it become "official" then it's called "errata," not a tournament-specific rule.

The same rules (and prices) used here are used at the Championship Tournaments; number 7 is coming up in February in Marlborough, Massachusetts.
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Winston Churchill

RushAss

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2016, 05:13:00 PM »
By the way, welcome Ostegun!  I'll see you there!
-Rush, Natural Science

Ostegun

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2016, 06:34:07 PM »

See you there and thank you for the welcome. Will bring my decks and learn plenty. ;D ;D

BubblePig

• Shoeless God of War
  • Playtester
  • Y'all are just hating on my steez.
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2016, 07:17:00 PM »
Fantastic, more is always merrier.  :D

Mexico

• Playtester
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2016, 02:54:43 PM »
Ostegun! WE WON!!! With one raptor pack with one single hit point!

Ostegun

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2016, 06:35:08 AM »
I had a feeling that with you rolling your dice... victory would eventually emerge somehow XD. Seriously though I rolled 8 times with terrible results in a row I can only asume that some brilliant strategy and luck was involved in keeping any raptors alive :). Can't wait to play again.

Thank you everyone for this weekend. learned so much and corrected so many mistakes.

If anyone stops by Brooklyn let me know. Just private me for contact info.

NegativeZer0

• Playtester
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2016, 07:11:25 AM »
While i did not get to play with/against you since i was running the event i am really glad you decided to come out and join us.  I hope that you can make the championship in Feb.