Author Topic: Return of the Chaos Lords  (Read 1577 times)

BubblePig

• Shoeless God of War
  • Playtester
  • Y'all are just hating on my steez.
Return of the Chaos Lords
« on: March 13, 2016, 03:09:41 PM »
<Army builder files, command card proxies, and unit proxies are being redesigned>

General Notes
The definition of ‘ in the green,’ ‘in the yellow,’ or ‘in the red’ in the current rule set may not accommodate Chaos Army Faction Abilities and/or Command Cards. The intent is that a unit counts as ‘in the green’ if <it has any unmarked green boxes*> and ‘in the yellow’ if <it has no unmarked green boxes* but has any unmarked yellow boxes*> despite whichever boxes of lower colors might be marked. The usual sequential Order** in which boxes are marked gets violated by the way sacrifice works, but that is kind of the point. Entropy Rules! All hail Discordia!

The sacrifice mechanic marks boxes from right to left, but this violation of the usual way damage would otherwise be marked is explicitly stated. This should not be taken to mean for example that Discordia’s Boon (or Renegade Healer Mage) would allow a unit to heal a green box if that unit had marked yellow (or red) boxes, i.e. if doesn't specifically say you can do it, and you can't do it with another faction, then you can't do it with Chaos Lords, either!

*which have not been circled by Magic Weapons or otherwise explicitly disqualified from counting towards color status due to faction ability, command card, spell or other circumstance explicitly outlined by YourMoveGames™ terms and conditions. Not valid in all states. Other terms and conditions may apply.

** Stop saying that word!! It burnsSssSss!

Faction Design
Let us imagine a world in which the races of elves, dwarves, and men gradually evolved from the same elder proto-race. Further imagine that the evolution of this race did not happen gradually over eons, but instead was appallingly accelerated by the twisting, mutating effect of chaos incarnate. The Chaos Lords are the archetypes from which Moorcock patterned Slortar, Mabelode, and Chartros but also from which Lovecraft patterned Cthulhu, Azazoth, and Yog-Sothoth.
Moorcock fans might notice the Arms of Chaos on two of the current command card designs

The Chaos Lords themselves do not, of course, participate directly in the meaningless squabbles of mortals, but in lost prehistoric eddies of time their minions did battle with the forces of Order and also with themselves. What is lost may once again be found. The influence of undiluted chaos is inimical to sequential order of time itself, and hence the races of the present age must find themselves occasionally pitted against armies thrown ashore from vast and unknowable expanses of time and space.

Chaos Army Faction Abilities
Magic Weapons and Armor
Unless otherwise noted, each Chaos unit has 1 Magic Weapons box and 1 Magic Armor box. You may spend 1 Command Action and mark both the Magic Weapons and the Magic Armor box on 1 of your units.

Magic Weapons: If a unit with a marked Magic Weapons box deals at least 1 damage with an attack, before damage allocation and prevention you may erase the mark and circle 1 of the damaged enemy unit's hit boxes. A circled box counts as a red box and must now be marked after all green and yellow boxes are marked first.

Magic Armor: If a unit with a marked Magic Armor box suffers at least 1 damage from an attack, you may heal 1 damage box then sacrifice 1 damage box.
Magic is by its very nature a force of Chaos. Artifacts from elder days are still finding their way into the armies of the Chaos Lords.

Keywords
Sacrifice: Many Chaos Army abilities demand the sacrifice of 1 or more damage boxes. Sacrificed boxes are always marked from right to left.

Discordia’s Boon: Some units have become so in tune with the forces of disorder that they may draw strength from the confusion of battle itself. During your movement and command phase all units with Discordia’s Boon may heal a red damage box. Units with Discordia’s Boon which cannot heal a red damage box may heal a damage box then sacrifice a damage box.

Formless: Formless units gain a permanent (+1)+0/+0 each time they heal a green damage box and lose a permanent (+1)+0/+0 each time they heal a yellow damage box.

Painful Sprint: During your M&C phase you may sacrifice a damage box to give this unit base MC 3.5" for 2 turns.

Chaos Army Command Cards
2 @ Renegade Healer Mage
Gain up to 3 healing points. These points may be spent in any combination on one or more units. A unit may heal a green box for 3 healing points, a yellow box for 2, or a red box for 1.
"I thought he was with those other guys?!?"

1 @ Renegade Battlemage
Sacrifice 1 damage box from X unengaged units. Reveal X+2 cards from your command deck. Put 2 of those cards into your hand and the rest into the discard pile.

2 @ Temporal Fugue
Play after any of your dice rolls.
No more command cards may be played on this roll.
Those dice are rerolled.
Only once, any unit may sacrifice a box to lower the results of 1 of these dice by 1

1 @ Ephemeral Fugue
Play during an attack either after you roll to hit or after you roll to damage. That set of dice cannot be rerolled.
Sacrifice x hit boxes.
Lower the results of x+1 dice by 1 each.
You may circle one of the defending unit's hit boxes.

1 @ Relentless Fugue
Play during an attack, before you roll to hit.
Your unit passes all courage checks this turn and gets (+1) +0/+0.
You may circle one of the defending unit's hit boxes.
Chaos Soldiers use the same word for retirement and death.

2 @ Static Fugue
Play during an attack, after your opponent rolls to hit or to damage. That set of dice cannot be rerolled.
Sacrifice x hit boxes.
Raise the results of x+1 dice by 1 each.
After combat this unit may heal 1 damage box then sacrifice 1 damage box.

1 @ Fatal Fugue
Play during an attack, before your opponent rolls to hit.
Your unit passes all courage checks this turn.
After this combat phase, your unit gains another attack even if it is destroyed.
If your unit is destroyed this final attack is at (3) 7/7 as if it were still engaged.
Otherwise this attack is at (1) 7/7. Neither player may use Faction Abilities or play Command Cards during this follow-up attack.
“To the last, I grapple with thee; From Hell's heart, I stab at thee; For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee” - Herman Melville

Chaos Army Units
Blades (core) 230
Offense: (5)6/5 Defense: 2/2 Range: - Courage: 12 Move: 3.5" Hits: 4-3-4

Mattocks (core) 197
Offense: (5)5/6 Defense: 1/2 Range: - Courage: 12 Move: 3.5" Hits: 4-3-4

Brutes (core) 282
Offense: (5)5/6 Defense: 2/2 Range: - Courage: 13 Move: 3.5" Hits: 4-3-4
Discordia’s Boon

Dregs (core) 150
Offense: (4)5/5 Defense: 2/2 Range: - Courage: 12 Move: 2.5" Hits: 3-3-4
Painful Sprint.
Proximity to the forces of Chaos eventually warps body, mind, and soul. Some gain increased speed or strength, but most are not so lucky.

Cultists (core) 100
Offense: (5)4/4 Defense: 1/1 Range: - Courage: 12 Move: 3.5" Hits: 3-4-3
Discordia’s Boon. Gains +1 Courage if Inner Circle is in play.

Quickened (standard) 287
Offense: (5)6/5 Defense: 3*/1 Range: - Courage: 13 Move: 5" Hits: 4-3-4
+1/+0 vs range

Spellswords (standard) 272
Offense (3)6/5 Defense 3/2 Range 10.5” Courage 13 Move 3.5” Hits 3-2-3
Discordia’s Boon. +1/+0 vs range attacks. Range attack is LOS. No move and shoot penalty.

Lithoderms (standard) 222
Offense: (4)4/7 Defense: 1/4 Range: - Courage: 12 Move: 2.5" Hits: 4-3-4
Painful Sprint

Formless Spawn (standard) 376
(3*)6/6 Defense 1/3* Range: - Courage: - Move: 5" Hits: 4-4-4
+0/+1 vs range. Formless. Fearsome. Discordia’s Boon. Passes all Courage Checks. No Magic Weapons and Armor box.

Formless Horror (elite) 436
Offense (4*)6/7 Defense 1/3* Range - Courage - Move 3.5” Hits 4-4-4
+0/+1 vs range. Formless. Terrifying. Discordia’s Boon. Passes all Courage Checks. No Magic Weapons and Armor box.

Inner Circle (elite) 244
O:(4)4/6  D:2/2  Rge:*  Cge: 13  Mv: 3.5"  Hits: 3-2-3
Discordia's Boon. No Magic Weapons and Armor Box. +1/+0 vs range attacks. No move and shoot penalty.
During your turn, if this unit is unengaged, it may cast one of the following spells:
Blight (Spell, Attack) Make a LOS attack at O:(4)4/6  R:3.5"
Disjunction (Spell) Sacrifice 2 damage boxes. You may search your discard pile for any faction specific command card and put that card on top of your command deck.
Corruption (Spell, Attack) Sacrifice 1 damage box. Make an attack at O:(4)4/6  R:10.5". If this attack does damage, the enemy units gets -1 courage for the turn and you may sacrifice 1 damage box to do 1 additional damage. This additional damage cannot cause a courage check, but may increase the penalty at which the check is taken. (i.e. change a check from -1 in the yellow to -2 in the red)

Chaos Knights (elite) 480
O:(6)6/6*  D:3*/2  Rge:-  Cge: 13  Mv: 5"  Hits 3-2-2
Cavalry. Discordia’s Boon. (+0) +0/+1 and +1/+0 while Charging.

Friendly Necromages (elite) 290
Offense: (3)6/6 Defense: 3*/1 Range: 10.5" Courage: - Move: 3.5" Hits: 1-3-6
Discordia’s Boon. Passes all Courage Checks. No Magic Weapons And Armor box. +1/+0 vs range attacks. Range attack is LOS. No move and shoot penalty.
"skinny pale guy *cof* dark cloak *cofcof* smell like he die last week *horfff*"
"Yeah, he scary and look about to fall over. But ain't you glad he not on their side?"

« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 07:02:59 PM by BubblePig »

BubblePig

• Shoeless God of War
  • Playtester
Re: Return of the Chaos Lords
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 03:23:11 PM »
I am returning to this faction and making proxies for the current set of units. I would love it if people took a look and gave me feedback and I thought I would prime the pump with a few concerns and ideas I had after looking this over with fresh eyes.

1. Arbalists: Are they too powerful for the points against Large (especially t4)? I am thinking specifically that they benefit from LOS discount and yet they can shoot over friendly troops if the target is large.

2. After revising a few times the language on the new mechanics has gotten a bit clunky. Okay it was always clunky but anyhow suggestions welcome.

3a. I am thinking about a command card called Phantom Fugue that just gives a buttload of phantom weapons and/or armor, but worried that might be too powerful as the way phantom works now. It might be worth dialing phantom back to the point where you can't use phantom magic armor and magic armor the same phase etc. Also I would probably be replacing a formless fugue, so thinning out the courage bailouts might be getting to the point where it is a bit of a faction weakness which might be good from a balance perspective.

3b. I am also thinking of ditching or redesigning "from the bowels of hell."

4. I want more flavor dammit. Any ideas on how to inject more would be appreciated.

5. I am thinking about trying to include a unit or more probably a command card or even a faction ability that is related more directly to the Eternal Champion and/or Stormbringer and also same related more directly to Cthulhu Mythos. Haven't even come close to fleshing it out much more than that though, so again any ideas welcome.

6. Any thoughts on other balance issues.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 10:21:58 PM by BubblePig »

NegativeZer0

• Playtester
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 01:48:25 PM »
I am returning to this faction and making proxies for the current set of units. I would love it if people took a look and gave me feedback and I thought I would prime the pump with a few concerns and ideas I had after looking this over with fresh eyes.

1. Arbalists: Are they too powerful for the points against Large (especially t4)? I am thinking specifically that they benefit from LOS discount and yet they can shoot over friendly troops if the target is large.
Will need to look at the formula myself

2. After revising a few times the language on the new mechanics has gotten a bit clunky. Okay it was always clunky but anyhow suggestions welcome.
Ya after reading this I simply went: WTF  Your converting green and yellow boxes into red boxes but I don't understand why all the added complication with the phantom boxes.

3a. I am thinking about a command card called Phantom Fugue that just gives a buttload of phantom weapons and/or armor, but worried that might be too powerful as the way phantom works now. It might be worth dialing phantom back to the point where you can't use phantom magic armor and magic armor the same phase etc. Also I would probably be replacing a formless fugue, so thinning out the courage bailouts might be getting to the point where it is a bit of a faction weakness which might be good from a balance perspective.
Just get rid of the whole phantom boxes they are overly complicated

3b. I am also thinking of ditching or redesigning "from the bowels of hell."

4. I want more flavor dammit. Any ideas on how to inject more would be appreciated.

5. I am thinking about trying to include a unit or more probably a command card or even a faction ability that is related more directly to the Eternal Champion and/or Stormbringer and also same related more directly to Cthulhu Mythos. Haven't even come close to fleshing it out much more than that though, so again any ideas welcome.

6. Any thoughts on other balance issues.

more comming
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 01:56:17 PM by NegativeZer0 »
Quote from: Chad_YMG
Cards are definitely good to have, but I like punching my opponent in the face, too!

BubblePig

• Shoeless God of War
  • Playtester
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 03:47:03 PM »
okay, I got rid of phantom and gave the fugues a small upgrade.

Corey figured out the points for a specific type of xbow unit the only thing I changed was the name slightly to Arbalists. I was thinking of changing the Arbalist unit to an elite cultist type with a spell attack and minor spell fu. Not 100% happy with the name of the unit and I don't know exactly where that would put their points, but I like the flavor better for this faction anyway.

Inner Circle (elite) 200???
O:(4)5*/6*  D:1/1  Rge: 21"  Cge: 13  Mv: 3.5"  3G/2Y/2R
Discordia's Boon. O:(-0)-1/-1 when engaged. Cannot move and shoot.

I might have to speed Formless up a bit, but I want to try it where it is. Currently 4 of the command cards give a minor boost to Formless if played at the right time (though ironically formless fugue is not one of them.)

Edit: renamed some command cards, now the images really don't make any sense  :P
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 06:22:40 PM by BubblePig »

Kevin

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 06:16:03 PM »
I'm happy to see the Arbalists go, but the "Inner Circle" guys are seriously underpriced.  Pu it another way, your'e basically taking High Elf Archers (225) and lowering their defense (but also giving them Discordia's Boon--I'd call that a push.)  And no move-and-shoot.  Then they get a smaller engaged nerf and their range goes up to 21" from 14."  Best guess their price will be around 275.

Frankly, I'd rather a range attacker get some serious chaos flavor.  Give 'em Discordia's boon, then something like:

Give their ranged attack  the same stats as their engaged dice and let 'em move and shoot.

Mark 1 red box:  make a range attack (indirect fire) at 7" with 3 dice, or mark 2 red boxes to make a ranged attack at 7" with 5 dice.

Increase the range by an additional 7" per additional red box marked.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 06:30:43 PM by Kevin »
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Winston Churchill

BubblePig

• Shoeless God of War
  • Playtester
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 07:14:16 PM »
I'm happy to see the Arbalists go, but the "Inner Circle" guys are seriously underpriced.  Pu it another way, your'e basically taking High Elf Archers (225) and lowering their defense (but also giving them Discordia's Boon--I'd call that a push.)  And no move-and-shoot.  Then they get a smaller engaged nerf and their range goes up to 21" from 14."  Best guess their price will be around 275.
well I guess I just thought they would be about 2/3 as good as GBC, but at any rate I didn't spend a lot of time trying to narrow it down cuz I wasn't going to even consider using them without a formula estimate.

Frankly, I'd rather a range attacker get some serious chaos flavor.  Give 'em Discordia's boon, then something like:

Give their ranged attack  the same stats as their engaged dice.

Mark 1 red box:  make a range attack (indirect fire) at 7" with 3 dice, or mark 2 red boxes to make a ranged attack at 7" with 5 dice.

Increase the range by an additional 7" per additional red box marked.
I thought about giving the range attack a cost of 1 box but decided that mark a box heal a box was needlessly annoying. The multiple box marking might be a way around that. Anyhow my rationale behind no move and shoot is that the entire group has to cast a gestalt spell to get range (and not be restricted to LOS) but that they can cast individually at close range, but not sure if that is not just needlessly annoying as well so I got rid of it.

inner circle unit revised see below

Also rewording everything so that, mark 1 box right to left = sacrifice, which obviates the need to reword if red boxes all spent

« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 02:25:39 PM by BubblePig »

RushAss

• Administrator
  • Eat your beets - Recycle!
    • My Facebook.  Where you can see my, uh... face.
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 09:56:09 AM »
Grandpappy's Thingumabob - You could also say "Grandpappy's Thingumabob may be used once for every 500 points you spend on your army build"

Magic Weapons - This makes my head hurt.  Perhaps it's because our 4 year old kept us up all night.  I'm fuzzy about how this works.  Could you give me an example of this in use?

This must be the art for the From The Bowels of Hell card.

Edit - Oh yeah, you have a ton of stats on some units above with an asterisk and no explanation as to what the asterisk means.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 10:00:39 AM by RushAss »
"Art as expression, not as market campaigns
Will still capture our imaginations"
-Rush, Natural Science

Kevin

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2016, 10:52:57 AM »
Magic Weapons - This makes my head hurt.  Perhaps it's because our 4 year old kept us up all night.  I'm fuzzy about how this works.  Could you give me an example of this in use?

I can explain it, and really love the mechanism.

Your Brutes, who have the magic weapons box marked, hit some Orc Spearmen for 3 damage.  You erase the magic weapons mark, and the fourth green box on the Orc Spearmen becomes a red box.  Since all of their green boxes are gone, they're in the yellow--rout check time!

Orc Spearmen normally have 4 green, 4 yellow, 2 red boxes.  A hit for 3 damage would normally leave them with 1 green, 4 yellow, 2 red.  If you burn magic weapons, they would be left with 0 green, 4 yellow, 3 red.

If your opponent is in the red, then magic weapons does absolutely nothing, as you'd be turning a red box red.

So basically, magic weapons acts like a sucky-but-more-versatile version of Lizardmen Fury.  Sucky because (a) you only turn a damage box red rather than destroying it; (b) as noted above, it won't work at all when the opponent is in the red; and (c) You don't get +1 courage like Fury gives.  However, it's more versatile because you only need to do 1 damage rather than 2.  (Also note that it's one of multiple abilities, so it shouldn't be as good as Fury.)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 11:05:20 AM by Kevin »
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Winston Churchill

BubblePig

• Shoeless God of War
  • Playtester
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2016, 11:32:50 AM »
Edit - Oh yeah, you have a ton of stats on some units above with an asterisk and no explanation as to what the asterisk means.

Formless creatures were supposed to have +0/+1 vs range but that got lost somehow in the edits, nice catch. Formless also lets them gain attack dice. Were there others?

« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 11:35:12 AM by BubblePig »

BubblePig

• Shoeless God of War
  • Playtester
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2016, 12:10:56 PM »
Grandpappy's Thingumabob - You could also say "Grandpappy's Thingumabob may be used once for every 500 points you spend on your army build"
Why didn't I just word it that way in the first place? Because I am a supervillian. Instead of taking over the world, though, I just want to make people do math. The entire planet, billions of people doing math problems when they were only trying to have fun mwahahahaha.

Oops. I mean, yeah, but what if you have 1850 points? That would be 55.5 Grandpappy's Thingumabob (or enough for 3 adult thingumabob and a happy meal.) I get your point though. Would "Grandpappy's Thingumabob may be used once for every 500 points you spend on your army build. You may count 334 point of army build towards marking just one box" be better or worse? I guess maybe that is a corner case and not worth it, but I just thought it was more efficient and not such a big deal to word it my way.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 01:48:08 PM by BubblePig »

BubblePig

• Shoeless God of War
  • Playtester
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2016, 02:24:35 PM »
Inner Circle (elite) 500pts??
O:(3)5/6  D:1/2  Rge:7"  Cge: 13  Mv: 3.5"  Hits: 3-2-3
Discordia's Boon. Instead of their own boxes, this unit may sacrifice 1 box of each unit of Cultists they are touching as long as both units are unengaged.*
During your turn, if this unit is Unengaged, it may cast one of the following spells instead of their normal ranged attack:
Corrupt (Attack) Sacrifice 3 damage boxes and make an attack at O:(5)5/6  R:14"
Wither (Attack) Sacrifice 4 damage boxes and make an attack at O:(5)5/6  R:21"
Dither (confuse self) Still thinking of an effect spell, haven't come up with anything that really grabs me yet

Tweaking the dice/quality of range attacks would be OK, but still should be some decision tension as opposed to "this is never worth it." Maybe 2 attack spells and 1 effect spell would be better. Ideas on what the effect could be?

* Example: you want to cast Wither with an Inner Circle unit. There are Cultists touching all 4 sides of this unit and the Cultist in front is engaged in combat. So you may sacrifice up to 1 box each from the Cultists behind and to each side leaving 1 box which must be sacrificed from the Inner Circle unit itself. You could also conceivably do the same sort of thing with Magic Armor or one of the defensive command cards if the Inner Circle was attacked at range or with brutal fugue if making a range atack.

Flavorful or annoying?
Renegade Battlemage
X= the number of non-fugue cards in your hand. Show your opponent all command cards in your hand then discard any non-fugue cards, shuffle your discard pile and command deck together, then draw x+2 command cards.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 03:01:44 PM by BubblePig »

RushAss

• Administrator
  • Eat your beets - Recycle!
    • My Facebook.  Where you can see my, uh... face.
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2016, 04:35:13 PM »

Formless creatures were supposed to have +0/+1 vs range but that got lost somehow in the edits, nice catch. Formless also lets them gain attack dice. Were there others?

Nah, I think that about sums it up.  I wasn't thinking about Formless when reading the stats.
"Art as expression, not as market campaigns
Will still capture our imaginations"
-Rush, Natural Science

BubblePig

• Shoeless God of War
  • Playtester
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2017, 11:20:52 AM »
Thinking about this faction again, I want to make a couple changes to it.
First of all, I want to get rid of the spears and the arbalists.

I am currently ruminating over

Brook's point that spear heavy factions have too much of a rockpaperscissor effect on cav/large heavy factions and are just unfun to play against if you like to bring the cav or the monsters along,
The nails on chalkboard effect of anachronistic mix'n'match core swords and spears in every faction,

I think I will add some flavor to temporal fugue, change is in bold type.
1 @ Temporal Fugue
Play after any of your dice rolls.
No more command cards may be played on this roll.
Those dice are rerolled.
Only once, any unit may sacrifice a box to lower the results of 1 of these dice by 1
thoughts?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 08:57:12 PM by BubblePig »

BubblePig

• Shoeless God of War
  • Playtester
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2017, 06:02:12 PM »
Recent Changes
Faction abilities:
No more prebuying with Grandpappy's Thingumbob
Keywords:
Moved some stuff over here from faction abilities because they were less of a bonus than a way to not put a bunch of text on unit cards
Command cards:
The name of 'From the Bowels of Hell' to 'Fatal Fugue' changed the name of some of the other fugues just cuz. Got rid of 'Quickened Fugue' doubled up on the new ‘Static Fugue’ because I just wasn’t feeling it anymore. Weak crunch, weak fluff and didn’t tie in well with new chaos faction mechanics. I would love ideas for a new blue fugue card and I would get rid of ‘Relentless Fugue’, too, for a penny. Added a sacrifice mechanic to ‘Renegade Battlemages’ and ‘Temporal Fugue’ and changed back to 1 ‘Renegade Battlemages’ and 2 ‘Temporal Fugue’.
Units:
Cultists gain +1 courage while Inner Circle is in play. Got rid of a bunch of diddling around with boxes on ‘Friendly Necromages’, decided it was mostly pointless with no decision tension. Maybe give them another spell or effect. Any ideas? Changed the range and recosted ‘Friendly Necromages’ and ‘Spellswords’, new costs are a wild guess. Got rid of Spears and Arbalists. Redesigned ‘Inner Circle’, added ‘Lithoderms’ (need to think of something much better fluff-wise for this last unit) costs for these last two an even wilder guess. Rethinking Discordia’s Boon, outlined all DB units in purple so I can keep that straight, probably need to tweak which units get what to decision tension right. Formless attack dice mechanic was changed to be more funky and get less of a boost from command card interactions.

Concerns:
Disjunction might feel too strong (and as Chad used to say 'too TCG') as the chaos player rips through his command deck with ‘Renegade Battlemage’

Also thinking of giving Formless units:
immunity to fear and getting rid of the terrifying and fearsome. The way that mechanic works right now, I find it does not match what I think it should do.
resistance to piercing instead of a defensive bonus vs ranged (i.e. any unit which gains an offensive bonus vs large and cav now have that as a penalty)
neither formless nor attacking enemy unit get charge bonus
attacking units get -1 impact hit

Yeah I know I went off the rails somewhere, just spitballing now. Let me know what you think.

Issues that most impact army builder files, unit proxies and command card proxies:
changes to unit costs and major changes to Formless units
currently trying to think of another good blue fugue to replace static and maybe a red one to replace relentless
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 10:17:18 AM by BubblePig »