Author Topic: Egyptian Mythology Army - Revised  (Read 1370 times)

NegativeZer0

• Playtester
Egyptian Mythology Army - Revised
« on: March 06, 2016, 12:29:24 AM »
Special Army Rules:
Worship: Mark on of your units ability boxes.
Reveal cards from the top of your deck until revealing an Egyptian god card. 
Draw this card then discard all other cards revealed.

If the card drawn is an ATTACK card circle the sword symbol on the unit you marked. 
The next time this unit makes a to damage roll erase the circle on the attack symbol and lower one die results by one.

If the card drawn is a Defense card circle the shield symbol on the unit you marked. 
The next time an enemy units makes a to damage roll erase the circle on the attack symbol and raise one die result by one.

If the card drawn is a Movement & Command card circle the flag symbol on the unit you marked. 
The next time this unit makes a courage roll erase the circle to lower one die by 1.

Note -  All 3 of these things are compulsory so may be useless at times.  Additionally they happen before and do not prevent re-rolling.  This is intentional to prevent these small bonuses from being too strong.  If during testing the army needs a small boost rewording the ability to eliminate this restriction would be a good start.

Venom (ability)- When a unit with this ability successfully damages an enemy unit that unit gains a venom curse.
Venom (curse)- The venom curse triggers at the end of each combat phase before morale checks.
The unit's controller removes the venom curse from their unit then rolls a single die.  If the result is greater than the unit's toughness it takes one damage.  This damage can cause a courage check.

Unique Faction Cards:  (note: wording still needs work so it matches other command cards but this should be enough to know what they do)

Anubis's Judgement-  Play during the movement and command phase.  Choose and draw a card from your discard pile.

Anhur's Roar- Play on a unit that has failed it's courage roll.  Reroll the courage check with a +1 bonus to that units courage.

Horus' Eye - Play during the movement and command phase. 
Look at the top 3 cards of your deck:
DISCARD one card, RETURN one card to the top of your deck, DRAW the remaining card.

Ra's Light - Play on a friendly unit that needs to make a courage check.  Make an attack roll (3) 5/5 against that unit.  Any successful to damage rolls instead heal that unit for 1 point.  Your unit then makes the courage check using it's current health.

Khunm's Charge - Play during the movement and command phase.  One of your units gains a 5" movement when final rushing and gains an impact hit. OR Play on a unit that has just failed a route check.  That unit gains +1MC on it's route movement and +0/1.  Then it gains an additional +0/1 if it's movement is higher the unit it is routing from.

Serqet's Sting - Play during an attack, before you roll to hit.  Your unit gains (+0) +0/+1 and the poison ability for this attack.  When resolving the poison curse caused by damage from this unit add one to the die result.

Sobek's Hide - Play during an attack, before your opponent rolls to hit.  Your unit gains +1/+1

Bastet's Agility - Play during an attack before BOTH players roll to hit. 
Your unit gains (+1)+0+0 and +1/+0.
Playing this card counts as playing both a red and a blue card against a single engaged enemy unit.

Wadjet's Venom - Play during an attack before BOTH players roll to hit. 
Your unit gains Venom and always attacks before any enemy units engaged with it. 
If an enemy unit is successfully cursed with venom that unit's attack suffers a -(0) -1/-1 penalty.
Playing this card counts as playing both a red and a blue card against a single engaged enemy unit.

Ammet's Ferocity- Play during an attack before BOTH players roll to hit. 
Your unit gains (+1)+0+0, +1/+0.

Units
Anubis Warriors(5)5/62/2-123.54-4-2230Core
Horus Hunters(6)5/52/2-123.54-4-2218Core
Anhur Javelineers(5)5/62/23.5133.54-4-2279Core
Sobek Guardians(4)5/53/3-123.54-4-2251Core & Elite
Serqet Assassins(5)5/52/2-123.54-4-2241Standard
Bastet Tamers(7)5/53/1-123.54-4-2243Standard
Khnum Herd(5)5/52/2-123.54-4-2226Standard
Wadjet Venom Spitters(4)5/51/27"113.53-3-2143Standard
Winged Serpents(4)5/52/1-126"3-3-2221Standard
Ammit Beasts(6)5/62/3-1255-4-2370Standard
Ra Priests(3)5/52/2*123.52-2-2209Elite
Giant Scorpion(3)7/71/3-136"4-3-2280Elite

Unit Special Abilities

Anubis Warriors - none

Horus Spearmen - Spears

Anhur Javelineers - Range attack uses the Javelin rules.

Sobek Warriors - Unit counts as both a Core & an Elite choice during army construction

Bastet Warriors - None

Khnum Warriors - While final rushing: 5" movement and +(0)+0/+1, +1/+0.
Unit counts as cavalry on the turn they final rush (impact hit, vulnerable to spears).

Serqet Warriors - Venom & tail attack uses pila rules with 0" range

Wadjet Venom Spitter - Venom, (-0) -1/-1 while Engaged.

Winged Serpents - Flying 10.5", Venom [No faction ability]

Ammit beats - Beefy [When deploying this unit you must incessantly proclaim to all players around you that: You have brought the BEEF! until the deployment phase has ended.  If you do not this unit gets (-1)-1/-1  -1/-1 at the end of the deployment phase]

Priests of Ra - (-0) -1/-1 while Engaged
Spell - Healing Ray:  Make a ranged attack (3)5/5 against a friendly unit.  No command cards can be played on this attack.  Any dice that would successfully cause a wound instead cause that unit to heal by one point.  That unit can not benefit from further healing this turn.

Giant Scorpion - Large, Terrifying, Venom.  [No faction ability]
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 12:23:28 AM by NegativeZer0 »
Quote from: Chad_YMG
Cards are definitely good to have, but I like punching my opponent in the face, too!

RushAss

• Administrator
  • Eat your beets - Recycle!
    • My Facebook.  Where you can see my, uh... face.
Re: Egyptian Mythology Army - Revised
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 03:53:58 PM »
I'll sink my teeth into this next week when I have time.  As I've mentioned to you personally, there's a lot of new and interesting stuff here.  The Core/Elite concept being one of them, the combo red/blue cards being another.  The one possibly negative thing that stands out to me right now is that you have 10 unique faction specific command cards.  So if you are in a position where you could really use Pride of Anhur, your odds of drawing it are slim.
"Art as expression, not as market campaigns
Will still capture our imaginations"
-Rush, Natural Science

NegativeZer0

• Playtester
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 12:18:12 AM »
Significant updates made to army

Complete rework of army ability and overhaul / removal of many other clunky things

The one possibly negative thing that stands out to me right now is that you have 10 unique faction specific command cards.  So if you are in a position where you could really use Pride of Anhur, your odds of drawing it are slim.

Intentional design weakness is intentional.  Also a reason the faction ability deals with drawing command cards.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 08:37:58 AM by NegativeZer0 »
Cards are definitely good to have, but I like punching my opponent in the face, too!

RushAss

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 12:50:08 PM »
Nice revision!  Any special abilities for the Ammit Beasts?
-Rush, Natural Science

NegativeZer0

• Playtester
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 05:36:44 PM »
yes - they have the “BEEFY” keyword

See above
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 11:36:20 AM by NegativeZer0 »

RushAss

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 08:57:49 AM »
yes - they have the “BEEFY” keyword

Awwwwww yeeeeeah boyeeeeee!!!!!
-Rush, Natural Science