Author Topic: Empires Campaign  (Read 2406 times)

Hannibal

• Administrator
Empires Campaign
« on: August 11, 2015, 02:04:03 PM »
Last week I organized a campaign at our FLGS, using the Empires rules I designed.  The Empires rules use the Kingdoms campaign system, but with 4 campaign trees instead of a single one.  At the start of the campaign, every player chooses a faction and a trait (Civic, Mercantile, Militaristic, or Religious).  That trait determines their campaign tree.  

Civic

Mercantile

Militaristic

Religious

Many of the advancements are unique, but many are also duplicates.  The catch is that many of those duplicate advancements are in different places on the tree. For example, Civic gets Standard units very early but getting Elite units happens later. By contrast, the Religious tree gets Elite units early and Standard units later.  And Mercantile has easier access to Mercenary Standard & Elite than its own Standard/Elite choices!

The cool thing about Kingdoms is it's a system that allows people to miss a few weeks without being out of commission.  I have at least two players who want to play, but couldn't make the first week.

Each player started with 14 gold to buy their first advancements.  The plan is to play 8 games through August and culminate with a tournament in September.  Campaign players will be allowed to use their campaign tree in the tournament.

Look for week 1's games in the session reports forum.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 02:07:01 PM by Hannibal »

RushAss

• Administrator
  • Eat your beets - Recycle!
    • My Facebook.  Where you can see my, uh... face.
Re: Empires Campaign
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 02:08:46 PM »
Pretty neat stuff!  I'm looking forward to some reports  8)
"You can never break the chain - There is never love without pain
A gentle hand, a secret touch on the heart
A healing hand, as secret touch on the heart"
-Rush, Secret Touch

Zelc

• Playtester
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 03:17:16 PM »
Nice, this is pretty cool!

How do the unit modifications work?  Do they cost additional points?

Hannibal

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 03:42:16 PM »
Pretty neat stuff!  I'm looking forward to some reports  8)

Ask and Ye Shall Receive

The trees have "square" upgrades (which may be purchased once) and "circle" upgrades (which you can purchase every round).  Each circle upgrade lets you buy the modification for 1 unit, each game.  So someone with Penitence 2 can give two units +1 die.  And yes, you purchase it with points, so you must do it at army design.

Zelc

• Playtester
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 04:13:41 PM »

The trees have "square" upgrades (which may be purchased once) and "circle" upgrades (which you can purchase every round).  Each circle upgrade lets you buy the modification for 1 unit, each game.  So someone with Penitence 2 can give two units +1 die.  And yes, you purchase it with points, so you must do it at army design.
Very interesting, how many points does it cost?

Hannibal

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 05:00:22 PM »
15-25pts, depending on the Offensive Skill of the unit.