Author Topic: AvP card quality issues  (Read 3746 times)

gpman

• Playtester
  • laying low in a blood filled trench
Re: AvP card quality issues
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2015, 07:32:14 AM »
I just can't stand sleeves for some reason  ???

Perhaps that explains why you have 27 kids...

Well the first one was made with a sleeve so maybe that explains my dislike of them lol
wack falol da rah!

gull2112

• Administrator
  • From the RUSH faction
    • Meditations on Brain Injury
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2015, 09:53:09 PM »
I was talking to my friend who works at my FLGS and has an intimate knowledge of a lot of the skinny and dope. He says that the Chinese stuff is really dicey on quality (which we've noted). The best stuff is coming from a company in Belgium, but they are so in demand that there is a minimum of one year lag time to get cards made.

I personally would pay extra for decent cards, rather than pay current prices for less than stellar quality. It's too bad we can't get High Elf quality cards again!
"Rules are only as good as the book they're bound in."
http://gullsbattleground.blogspot.com/

Chad_YMG

• Administrator
    • Your Move Games
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2015, 02:01:43 PM »
Hi Guys,

This is really sad to hear.

We've used Ricowell since the Umenzi Tribesmen and up until this printing have been very happy with them. Their quality was, if anything, better than Carta Mundi and the stories that you couldn't rely on Chinese printers seemed not to be the case. This project, however, was a disaster. They got files wrong, used the wrong stock and finish, ultimately misprinted the Sector 219 rulebook and now it looks like their quality isn't what it used to be.

We will definitely not be using them again.

If anyone has a ruined copy, they can send me a sampling of the damaged cards and I will replace the set. You'll still presumably need to use sleeves to be safe but at least you'll have cards that look good.

Best,
Chad
David Humphrey está todavía en la Colina 217.
      - From Spanish translation of Hill 218 rules