Author Topic: Wuxing FAQ  (Read 4996 times)

Zelc

• Playtester
Re: Wuxing FAQ
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2015, 06:10:31 PM »
I had a question with Feign Inferiority.  Does it take a Salvaged Terracotta Warriors' defensive skill to -1, or is it capped at 0?

Kevin

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2015, 06:49:24 PM »
No special rule there; the defensive skill goes to -1.

Not the first case of that either:  if a Ravenwood player plays Aspect of Oak on a Treant its defense goes from 1/4 to -1/6.  (And on a Bear Pack it goes from 1/3 to -1/5.)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 07:15:57 PM by Kevin »
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Winston Churchill

Zelc

• Playtester
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2015, 07:22:29 PM »
Right, I was wondering for those too :)  Thanks!

RushAss

• Administrator
  • Eat your beets - Recycle!
    • My Facebook.  Where you can see my, uh... face.
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2015, 10:55:26 PM »
Thanks for answering my question Kev!
"The point of the journey is not to return... anything can happen"
-Rush, Prime Mover

Karasu

• Playtester
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2015, 11:21:51 AM »
Thanks!  To give credit where credit is due, Jaime and I were third to get my hands on Wuxing, and jade units already existed when we got them, so the credit for that goes either to Corey or "Karasu."

I think that was Corey.

IIRC, the original unit list (when it was called the Empire of Chi'in) was:
Terracotta Warriors, Spearmen, Crossbowmen, Chariots (went away), Miscasts (became Salvaged)
Golem Warriors, Spearmen (Became the Defenders between them)
Rocket Battery (Gradually became the rocket arrow battery)
Journeyman, Master and Warrior Animators (The entire concept of which disappeared)
Tribal Cavalry (I think these became the Jun Horse Archers).

But that was on the previous forum, and around the time that the Umenzi came out, so I can't be 100% sure.

"Karasu"  :)

gornhorror

• Playtester
  • Goony goo-goo!
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2016, 03:37:48 PM »
Does anybody feel that the -2 dice for breakdown is too much of a price to pay?  What about a -1 dice?  It just seems to me that -2 dice with the -1 dice from dropping to the yellow/red weakens the units too much.  I think a unit with 5 attack dice dropping to 3 is a good enough penalty.  Perhaps I am wrong and if you take away that penalty the faction would be too strong.  I'm not sure.  It just a feeling I get when I play against/play the faction.   

Where's this shade, that you got it made?

Kevin

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2016, 04:21:15 PM »
I designed the faction, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but both the playtesting and the numbers in the Formula reflected losing 2 dice (and Reliable) on a breakdown.  Part of playing the faction is deciding which breakdowns need to be fixed, which need a fix "pre-loaded" and when you need to just let it go.

Wuxing does have a rough time vs. Dwarves, Undead, and Lizardmen, but that's due to their high power/toughness (and in the case of the
Lizzies, Fury/Blood Frenzy).
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Winston Churchill

GoIndy

• Playtester
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2016, 12:56:25 PM »
I know it drives me crazy to take my free swing at a routing unit with 1 die, but someone deemed to too strong to be able to fix it midstride with a Qi.....