Author Topic: Championship 2016 at Totalcon, Mansfield MA Feb 20-21  (Read 6921 times)

RushAss

• Administrator
  • Eat your beets - Recycle!
    • My Facebook.  Where you can see my, uh... face.
Re: Championship 2016 at Totalcon, Mansfield MA Feb 20-21
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2015, 04:17:02 PM »
Well then.  I just called and discovered that all the rooms are taken at the Holiday Inn at Mansfield.  Dammit.  How did everybody else fair?
"We are young wandering the face of the Earth
Wondering what our dreams might be worth
Learning that we're only immortal for a limited time"
-Rush, Dreamline

Kevin

« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2015, 04:50:10 PM »
That sucks.

I booked two rooms (one for me; one for Blakely & probably Rachel) just fine back in late August.
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Winston Churchill

Kevin

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2015, 10:32:20 AM »
A few months out.  Don't forget to book your hotel rooms--nearby if the hotel there is sold out.

And in other news, prizes have been purchased!  The theme this year is books-and-coins.

First place gets first pick, 2nd gets 2nd pick, 3rd gets 3rd pick, 4th gets 4th pick.  Winner of the Sunday Swiss gets 5th pick. the "Plugger" (player must play at least 6 games, not win any of the other 7 prizes, and have the worst record) gets 6th pick.  2nd & 3rd in Sunday Swiss get 7th & 8th picks respectively.

The seven eight prizes, in no particular order:

- The complete 8-book set of Order of the Stick! (Yeah, again.  This is by far the most valuable prize.)
- The complete 2-book set of Oglaf.  (R-rated fantasy comics, which are funny and more dirty than sexy.)
- Another complete 2-book set of Oglaf.
- Wuxing Coin Package:  4 coins featuring a terracotta warrior, a green dragon, a red dragon, and a yellow dragon respectively.  (The yellow dragon coin is Australian and 1 ounce silver.  The other coins are Chinese and are brass and silver plate (twice) respectively.)
- Lizardmen Coin Package #1:  3 large coins (one all silver, two silver-plate) from Sierra Leone featuring a Velociraptor, a T-Rex, and a Triceratops.
- Lizardmen Coin Package #2:  2 Canadian coins (pure silver, with some surface copper) featuring T-Rex and Triceratops bones respectively.  Plus a few copper T-Rex tokens.
- Ravenwood Coin Package:  Two pure-silver Canadian coins, featuring a grizzly bear and a wolf respectively.
- Umenzi Coin Package:  a historic coin (over 70 years old!) from the Belgian Congo, featuring an elephant that certainly looks like Mumakil without the riders.

Plus everyone who doesn't win a prize above gets at least one copper T-Rex token.

And the usual medals for 1st, 2nd, 3rd; and 1st & 2nd in Sunday Swiss.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 12:05:41 AM by Kevin »
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Winston Churchill

RushAss

• Administrator
  • Eat your beets - Recycle!
    • My Facebook.  Where you can see my, uh... face.
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2015, 12:39:55 PM »
Wow, that's getting it done early Kev!  As always, we're looking forward to this and we'd be enthusiastic about it even if there where no prizes.  As I stated in a previous post, the Mannsfield Holiday Inn is packed to capacity.  We haven't booked a hotel room elsewhere yet, but my Mom has been kind enough to offer her place in Warwick RI to crash at.  It's only 40 minutes away from Mannsfield, so at least we have a back up plan.  Unless anybody already has a room and would be willing to absorb the 2-4 guys coming up with our group this February?
"We are young wandering the face of the Earth
Wondering what our dreams might be worth
Learning that we're only immortal for a limited time"
-Rush, Dreamline