Author Topic: Faction: New Crobuzon Army  (Read 1851 times)

Curufea

• Curufea's Uber Website
Faction: New Crobuzon Army
« on: March 22, 2010, 12:00:44 AM »
Inspired by the three Bas-Lag books of China Meiville (Perdido Street Station, The Scar, The Iron Council)

Special Ability-
The Militia- Once per battle a unit of Bowmen, Citizens or Peasant Mob can be converted into The Militia (as Elder-Blade Rangers from the High Elves).  Any damage sustained so far is carried over to the new unit.

Core Units-
Bowmen (as Men of Hawkshold)
Citizens (as Militia from the Men of Hawkshold)
Peasant Mob (as Men of Hawkshold)
Remade
The organic or mechanically modified criminals experimented upon by biothaumaturges.
Fearsome.
Constructs
Alchemically animated robots.
Programming: Passes all morale checks.  Costs 2 command points to change their standing orders.  May not sprint.

Other Units-
Scabmettlers
A humanoid race of such quickly congealing, strong blood - that it can be used as armour.
Blood armour: When in the yellow has def 0/+1 when in the red has def 0/+2
Cactactae
Part plant, part animal, humanoid race
Cactus skin: Has hitpoints of 8/2/2 and a high morale

Elite Units-
Thaumaturges (as Elementalist in Monsters and Mercenaries)
Proasmae Elementalists
Summoners of flesh elementals.
Summon Proasmae: Direct LOS, Elementalists must stay stationary to control Proasmae (if not the Proasmae is uncontrolled and moves toward the nearest organic target), which is a special marker that moves in a straight line from the elementalists at 3.5" speed.  First organic (not undead) unit they encounter is turned into an Abomination (as Abomination from the Undead Army, but not classed as undead) on permanent Close standing orders.  The Abomination cannot be directly controlled. The Elementalists can only summon one Proasmae at a time
Remade Artillery (as Dwarven Ballista from Dwarves of Runegard)
Unholy merges of cannons, catapults and ballistae with humans.
Fearsome
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 12:45:51 AM by Curufea »
im in ur boardz addin content

Karasu

• Playtester
Re: Faction: New Crobuzon Army
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 04:22:58 AM »
You know, it never occurred to me before that you could create a new faction entirely by re-using units from other factions and combining them in interesting ways.  This might be another good way to expand the faction base without having to print a whole lot of expensive cards.

On the other hand, I think it would be unlikely to be able to go much further with this, due to the licensing issues...

Curufea

• Curufea's Uber Website
Re: Faction: New Crobuzon Army
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 04:55:05 PM »
Yes, it couldn't be a published faction.  I've no idea how the roleplaying game is going, the company that was reportedly doing it seems to have disappeared.

I just had a thought how some of their army may function and it would match the flavour of the books.
I'm wondering if the ReMade should function similar to the leadership of the Umenzi.

[edit]
Found the RPG company site, it's changed a bit.  Although the RPG was due out last year, they are currently looking for artists.
http://www.adamantentertainment.com/?p=89
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 05:00:33 PM by Curufea »
im in ur boardz addin content